Big news!

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Billy26F5
True Blue

Big news!

Post by Billy26F5 »

After a long silence on the subject there's a big development: Super Billy is back!
It took a few false starts but were there, more on this soon as pics are not easy to find.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Re: Big news!

Post by John b »

Well done, looking good! Some good pics there
My biggest fear is that when i die my wife will sell my tractors for what i told her they cost

Billy26F5
True Blue

Re: Big news!

Post by Billy26F5 »

Quick update, just did a bit of ploughing today (as usual Billy did most of it), unfortunately the badge fell off a few days ago when the only stud holding it on broke, fortunately it's otherwise fine. Any ideas on how to fix that without drilling through are welcome, I'm thinking of some epoxy stuff we've got but not too sure if it will work.
Can't do more for a bit as the first oil change is quite close and we'll redo the head and tappets at the same time. They're surprisingly different to drive, Billy feels pretty powerful and basically drives for you a lot of the time, whereas Super Billy you need to watch out for the seat as it goes all over the shop (it's an Ebro equivalent of the rest o ride but of different design, and a bit too far away from the pedals as the grooves are badly set up for a Super Major), can't say about the power as we need to use the same implement for that. Adrian and Shepp will be intrigued to know that the gearbox sounds much quieter than Adrian's NP, I think Super Billy is very low hours but in very poor hands in the maintenence department. For anyone else with the wrong spindle bushes (as sold by Agriline) you'll need to pre pack the bearing to accelerate proper lubrication, not doing so will mean poor lubrication for the first few hours (even if you get the grease gun onto them more than every hour!).
The full story will come some time soon.
Sandy
ImageImageImage