The Fordson Power Major and More.

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Ain't you fellers glad you let me in??? Here is somemore......

Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Great stuff Dandy Dave, :thumbs:

The pictures on the first page load very slowly, maybe you can do something about the pixels to load them faster.
:stress:
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Not sure what to do as when I first loaded the photos I had them automatically resized, but then, they were too small to see. I went to the photo host, but saw no option there to reduce the resolution. Any Ideas on an easy way to do this without having to re-load everything? :? Dandy Dave!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Yes, they did make an Export Instruction Book for the FPM.

1960 Fordson Power Major

henk

Post by henk »

Dandy Dave,

I think there's nothing else than reload them after you have resized them. The pic on the topic will automatically be smaller.
Kind regards, Henk

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

The thing that puzzels me is that I can load photos that are the same size as this stuff that I scaned, and the photos load relitively fast, and are nice and clear and the scaned stuff does not load fast and does not have to be as clear as the photos. I think Mike said something about resolution. If that was less the scaned items could still be the same size??? I don't want to make them so small that they cannot be read either. Also, I and wondering if it would be good to scan the Instruction Book and load it on a disk for Oscar or Mike. This way they could also add the book from the disk to the book list and they could load it the way it would be best for the forum??? Or tell me in advance what would be best. Give me your thought's fellows. :wink: Dandy Dave!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Mike Kuscher
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Mike Kuscher »

Dave.

OK, a 'little trick' for readable resolution.
Once you have your picture, or scanned image, bring it up 'on screen' using any software you prefer.
Now 'size it' on your screen so that you can read it clearly.
Hold down the SHIFT key whilst you press the Prnt Scrn key.
Now start Windows Paint
In Paint, select Edit and Paste.
You now have a copy of your entire screen in Paint.
You only want the 'image' so...
Click on the Select icon, a dotted square box.
Now move the mouse pointer to any corner of the image you want.
Hold down the Left mouse button and 'drag' the mouse pointer to the opposite corner of the image you want to keep.
Select Edit and Cut this removes the image from the rest of the screen, don't worry.
Now Select File and New It will ask you if you want to save what is still on the screen, tell it NO
You now have a blank screen in Paint.
Select Edit and Paste and the 'image' you 'cut' out of the previous picture will appear, all by itself.
Now select File and Save As, give it a name but save it with a JPG extension (because they are smaller than the BMP that is offered.

You should now have a clearly 'readable' version of the image you want to post, or have others download, but at a much lower resolution, so it's quicker.

Tip: If you have lots of 'white space' around your picture when you 'paste' it back into Paint, just use the mouse to 'shrink' the blank white 'canvas', on the paint screen, as small as you can before you use the 'Paste' function. This will result in only the size of the 'image' being used as the canvas.

I know, I know! It's a 'little fiddly' the first time you do it but, having done it once, you will find it takes seconds with practice. AND you are only using what you have already got on the PC - No Extras needed.

Mike
Nobody is perfect and I want to be a Nobody.

henk

Post by henk »

Dandy Dave,

Can't you set the resolution at a lower range on the scanner?
Kind regards, Henk

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

I will work on this and get things reduced fellows. A little on the busy side right now but in due time. Thanks for the advice. Dandy Dave!

1960 Fordson Power Major