E1ADKN - Throttle Control Rod

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Tractorbob3
True Blue

E1ADKN - Throttle Control Rod

Post by Tractorbob3 »

The rod on my Major is just about burned through, but the end connections seem OK. Does anyone know someone who could make me up a new one, please? - I'm assuming these are not stocked by any of the usual parts dealers.
Thanks - Bob

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Hello Bob,

IMHO they are the same as the diesel ones. Otherwise, just weld a little piece of round steel in the burned section.

Best regards

Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

Tractorbob3
True Blue

Post by Tractorbob3 »

Thanks, Emiel. I'll have to check out a diesel major - I didn't realise they have a rod passing between the two manifolds. The problem is that I have just checked out the link between the bottom linkage where it comes from the governor up through the manifold to the butterfly on the carburettor and the rod needs to be adjusted to make it shorter, but the thread on the rod and the locknut have burnt away and the rod is very thin. I'm no engineer, so I will have to find someone who is. I'm sure there will be someone local to me, but I just feel a fellow Fordson enthusiast would do a better job!
Regards - and thanks again for the advice - Bob
Regards - Bob

1961 Super Major

Grani
True Blue

Post by Grani »

Tractorbob3 wrote: I'm sure there will be someone local to me, but I just feel a fellow Fordson enthusiast would do a better job!
Regards - and thanks again for the advice - Bob
If you just come over here and I'll fix it for you. :wink:

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

There are a few more bends in them than the diesel. I made a new one many years ago and my engineering ability is not great.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

With a pattern, or detailed drawing, this would be fairly easy to reproduce. If you could only swim across the pond. :wink: Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Tractorbob3
True Blue

Post by Tractorbob3 »

Just checked the waterwings and they've got a hole in them! - but a local contact thinks he can help me out with some skilled ironmongering. Thanks for your help guys.

Regards - Bob
Regards - Bob

1961 Super Major