? FMD-SMD:Specific Parts interchange

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Tmac
True Blue

? FMD-SMD:Specific Parts interchange

Post by Tmac »

Will the intake manifold from a early FMD fit the SMD head?

Will the Major front wheel weights fit the Dexta front wheels? Both are 16 inch

Kiwi Kev
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Tmac
No, to the intake manifold. The early major motor had the intake/exhaust manifold mounting bolts in a straight line, where as the later engine had a staggered bolt pattern.

Don't know about the front wheel weights though.

Kiwi Kev

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Just to add to Kev's post. On the early Majors the ports themselves were staggered too!

Wheel weights; yes, they also fitted all the '000nd series, MF and Nuffield. I have Ford weights on Nuffys wheels.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

JC

Post by JC »

Its kind of confusing, isn't it? On the early heads, the bolts were in a straight line, but the ports were staggered. On the later heads, the ports were in a straight line, but the bolts were staggered.

Tmac
True Blue

Post by Tmac »

To late, its packed on the truck ready to go back with me!! Just limited on weight with this little Chev 1/2T C-10 250 IL6 I have to haul with on this trip. After all the Chev is a $100 buy off Craigs List Vancouver. Just didnt want to add the last straw to it!:(

Will have to see If I make it back home without problems. I have only burned 1 tank of gas, city driving,
in it before I hit the pavement! I got a load of machine shop machines on!

JC wrote:Its kind of confusing, isn't it? On the early heads, the bolts were in a straight line, but the ports were staggered. On the later heads, the ports were in a straight line, but the bolts were staggered.