What is it a Supermajor?

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Salvador
Not Quite Blue Yet

What is it a Supermajor?

Post by Salvador »

Hi all. Please excuse my ignorance, but I would like somebody could explain to me what a Supermajor is. Is it 4 or 6 cylinder fordson diesel engine? I have a 1953 TVO fordson major, also have a 1954 FMD (4 wheels) and finally I am on my way to finish restoring a 1954 FMD Tricycle. And to make this story short I am thinking how to convince my wife to let me bid on the power mayor on US e-bay which was relisted today by Cole Murphy near Austin,Texas. Thanks.
Salvador. :oops:

Grani
True Blue

Post by Grani »

A Super Major has discbrakes and difflock and a better hydraulic and some other better things compared to the earlyer Majors. All Majors from 1952 to 1964 has a 4 cyl engine as original from the Fordson factory.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Salvador,

Do you know what make of tricycle conversion you have? I know of two, one was made by Roadless Traction, the same people who made the 4WD, the other was made by Bettinson in Lincolnshire who later made cage wheels and dual wheel add-ons. Any chance of pictures?
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Salvador
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Salvador »

Grani:
Thank you for the information.

Brian:
It is a vee twin wheel manufactured by Roadless. The tyres are 6.00 X 16. In a few days as soon as I get finish painting it I will post the pictures. Thanks.
Salvador.