Super Dexta colours

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
DanFindy
Not Quite Blue Yet

Super Dexta colours

Post by DanFindy »

Hi all im new here, currently own a Ford 4000 and a fergie tvo but am hunting for a super dexta at the moment, Im going to look at one this week and am wondering what years or serial no's did super dextas come with red wheels grills etc and when did they change to white wheels and wings? The one im looking at i saw briefly and it seems the backing(behind the letters) is red?
Ford 4000 Ferguson TEA20 Fordson Super Dexta

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

According to general pages of this website, the New Performance Dextas with blue/grey livery came out in June 1963, with tractor # 09C 916550.

Good luck with your purchase :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

No Super Dexta should have Orange grills, they were all silver.

The early Supers were blue and orange with a small "Fordson" badge on thed bonnet. "Super Dexta" was on the chrome and orange nose cone badge.

All Super Dextas have a Minimec pump and dif.lock, some Dextas also have these too. All Dextas have a "step down" lower bonnet line at the fuel tank end. Super Dextas are straight.(correction)

Super Dextas came out in April 1962, the colour changed, as Ben says, in June 1963.
Last edited by Brian on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

stark1
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by stark1 »

I hope this information might help you. SuperDexta were presented at a meating for dealers in april 1962 and in june-july 1963 in Stoneleigh the updated version were presented and was called New Performance SUPER DEXTA, New performance then the fenders and grille were grey. There were a few number off SuperDextas produced in late 1961, serienumber and year:
1961: 09A 312001M
1962: 09B 070000A
1963: 09C 731454A
1964: 09D 9000000A

How many off the ordinairy Dextas were produced with both difflock and Minimec pump? We have one off those.
There is only one heaven and its all blue!

GERRY
True Blue

Post by GERRY »

From april 62 all dexta an superdexta had the minimec pump, i belive that most had diff lock and live drive but these were up to the preson buying at the time, and were classed as extras with an extra cost . The only differance between new preformance dexta and new preforamce super dexta was the nose cone, the early supers as stated in earlier post were orange or red rims with the fordson cast crome badge on bonnet the new p/had a decal on the bottom conner of bonnet nearest the fuel tank, Hope this helps, Gerry

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Stark1,

It is interesting that you say Super Dextas were produced in 1961. These would be prototypes I presume?

I have seen pictures of the supposed early tractors prior to 1962. They show tractors with vacuum goverened pumps which no production tractor had.

I suspect these were Dextas, fitted out with the new tinwork for publicity pictures only.

Gerry,

The New Performance Dexta and Super Dexta had different bore sizes and different hp ratings. So they were not quite the same.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

stark1
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by stark1 »

@Brian- I believe that the -61 models were prototypes or test tractors at a few lucky UK farmers. I have no numbers off how many off these that were produced in 1961 but probably just a handful.
There is only one heaven and its all blue!

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Brian wrote:All Super Dextas have a "step down" lower bonnet line at the fuel tank end.
Surely the step down bonnet line is for standard Dextas? The lower bonnet line on Supers is straight. :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

You are right Ben! I am going to have to replace these fingers! I was looking out of the window at Dotty when I wrote that. (Come to think of it, she is a super Dexta :D )[/b][/u]
Brian

DanFindy
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by DanFindy »

"The early Supers were blue and orange with a small "Fordson" badge on thed bonnet. "Super Dexta" was on the chrome and orange nose cone badge"

This is a small chrome badge i take it and not a sticker like later modela, would you have a pic
Thanks
Dan

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Badges like these
Brian

DanFindy
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by DanFindy »

Some of ye talk of orange or red rims on an early super dexta, which is correct ?

Steven B
True Blue

Post by Steven B »

DanFindy wrote:Some of ye talk of orange or red rims on an early super dexta, which is correct ?
Orange
65 County Super Six. 62 Super Major x 2, 62 Super Dexta, 52 E1ADKN Industrial Crane, Thames Trader trucks coming out my ears. Two D Series trucks.

DanFindy
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by DanFindy »

Steven B wrote:
DanFindy wrote:Some of ye talk of orange or red rims on an early super dexta, which is correct ?
Orange
Cheers i thought so :beer: