Super Dexta Cooling Fan

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Bill Cox
True Blue

Super Dexta Cooling Fan

Post by Bill Cox »

Hello to all. I haven't been to the site in quite a while. My SD has been doing fine and I've been busy getting my new house built. However, a week or so ago the outer of the two cooling fan blades on my SD broke in half. I have yet to find the piece that broke off. The good thing is it didn't go through the radiator. The bad part is it destroyed the cooling fan shroud that I had patched up and reported on a while back during installation of my new radiator.

Because I was unable to locate a replacement fan blade, I searched the old posts on the site for ideas of what to do about repairing her. Someone had suggested that a fan for a 35 Massey might fit. Long story short, it did.

The fan is the same part number for the 35 and 135 Massey. The original part was a four blade; the new one is a five. It is made with a one piece center assembly with the "blade" parts riveted to it.

I reassembled her without the fan shroud and I speculate that the new fan is more efficient than the old four blade, with shroud, as the she is running about ten degrees cooler than before the incident.

I hope this info is usful to other who need a new fan for their SD.
Delta Blue

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: Super Dexta Cooling Fan

Post by JC »

That sounds like a good fix for a working tractor, Bill.
Major fan blades should also fit, but they will need to be shortened.