dexta hyds

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
GERRY
True Blue

dexta hyds

Post by GERRY »

This subject has probley been here before but just cant seem
to find it mybe someone can help me out here , got me a back actor, the guy had it working
well off adexta , got it home hooked it up an cant get it to work , now it lifts the actor no
bother, but when i pullout the services valve to lift or move bucket nothing,
plenty oil inback end , :scratchhead: there is no oil returing back into back end
should this be running connestantly when in use or just when one moves the valves ,
here this as i understand it .
feet down
services valve pulled out
returned pipe in back end
operate digger what am i mising here
could the problem be in the pump even if it lifts the back end and the tipper always works the trailer

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: dexta hyds

Post by Brian »

Two things:
1. Are you in Draft Control?
2. Have you tried the lever beyond the top stop? Lift arms may be fully raised and the internal control valve cutoff could be neutralising the valve.

If your lift works until you pull the Aux. Service and it tips a trailer OK then your valve chest on the digger could be at fault. Does the feed pipe go rigid when you operate the Aux Service? If so then oil is not passing through the valve chest.

Did you see the digger work on a Dexta? Some valve chests only work on John Deere tractor hydraulics which are different.

Check the first two items first though.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

GERRY
True Blue

Post by GERRY »

does it need to be in draft control or position control, have not tried draft yet :oops:
will do that to-day, the guy i got it from demostrated it on his 58 dexta and it worked well
no bother although he said the slew on the control was faulty and had to be futer with, i
have another set of controls if it comes to that but need to clear up the basics first
as usual Brian you advice is invalubale, its a mc conell back actor an was working on a dexta
which i seen working ,
mybe it is the controls ,

GERRY
True Blue

Post by GERRY »

:clap: got it working, :beer: was as you said Brian had to push it past the top stop
a little , its the wee things that matter when you dont know what your doing
Thanks for that , now to learn how
to use it :lol: Gerry

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Great Gerry, have fun and yes it does have to be in Draft. Anything you put on the back that is using the oil from the lift has to be used in Draft for safety reasons.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian