New Dexta owner.

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Coblentz
Not Quite Blue Yet

New Dexta owner.

Post by Coblentz »

Hello,
I am a brand new owner of a lovely old Dexta. Just thought I would say hello, and introduce myself as I know I will be asking for some advice over the coming months. I have owned my Dexta for a month or so now, having rescued it from a cricket pitch in Norfolk (complete with a JJ Wright and sons badge). I have so far found this site to be an endless source of usefull information. I should really thank you all for helping to solve quite a few little problems already.
Below is a picture of the dexta the day it arrived, it is in the garage at the moment having a quick health check before it gets put to work.
Thanks again,

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: New Dexta owner.

Post by Brian »

Welcome to the board! You have a bit of work to do on that tractor but with time and patience it will come out OK.

It has been looked after as far as oil changing but I think it would benefit from some harder work.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Coblentz
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Coblentz »

Thanks Brian,
You are correct, there is a bit of work to do, but I'm looking forward to it.
It starts no problem at all, and so far does not seem to have any major problems. But then again I am new to the world of tractors, so I may be about to learn the hard way. Time will tell.
I will post the serial nos next week as I am curious to discover a bit more about its age and history.

Regards,
Neil.

Cvans
True Blue

Post by Cvans »

Congratulations on your new tractor. :clap:
Good to hear that it is mechanically sound. I had to chuckle when I saw the picture as mine has the same sag where the hood (bonnet) meets the grille housing. Someone bumped into something with the front end on mine. I've driven many tractors over the years and this Dexta is by far my favorite and worth the time and money to refurbish.
Enjoy your new tractor!
Chris

60dexta
True Blue

Post by 60dexta »

Cvans wrote:Congratulations on your new tractor. :clap:
Good to hear that it is mechanically sound. I had to chuckle when I saw the picture as mine has the same sag where the hood (bonnet) meets the grille housing. Someone bumped into something with the front end on mine. I've driven many tractors over the years and this Dexta is by far my favorite and worth the time and money to refurbish.
Enjoy your new tractor!
Same here... mine has the same dip in the bonnet too.

Rob

Gavin
True Blue

Post by Gavin »

Mine too. That is the trouble with front loaders and no guards :cry:
Fordson Super Dexta, Ford 4610, and Ford 3000

tom lad
True Blue

Post by tom lad »

:clap:
:beer:
not to feel left out my bonnets a bit like that too.
clutch bind and poor brakes bad driver years ago i tink . (i know they stopped engine to change gear :cry: )
Some mornings I wake up grumpy, but most mornings I let her sleep in.

Cvans
True Blue

Post by Cvans »

Mine too. That is the trouble with front loaders and no guards
This is exactly what happened to mine also. Real shame :(
Chris