Dating my dexta.

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Coblentz
Not Quite Blue Yet

Dating my dexta.

Post by Coblentz »

Hello all,

Having used my Dexta for a few weeks now, I can see what all the fuss is about. I am enjoying the experience greatly, the Dexta is a really nice bit of kit for the small holder. Eager and powerful for its size and really useful with its new transport box. Just need to find myself a few more attachments for our fields to keep the other half happy (roller, harrow and a topper of some sort). :D
I am not the most mechanically minded, but the few small probs so far have been quite easy to solve and fix with some research on this site (had to get a new solenoid, tachometer, temp gauge, stuck in reverse gear in the woods one evening).
There are a few larger issues (small oil leaks from various place, a leaking radiator) that will be properly investigated and taken care of in the future. But I am concentrating on cleaning it up at the moment and removing as much rust from the tinwork as I can before painting it.

I do have a question, am I correct in thinking that it is a 1963 Super Dexta? (see date codes and serial no.s below)

S/N 09C734131
Engine 1618231 A33
Clutch J10H
G'box A22J
l/h axle P11H
r/h/ axle P11H
hyd top K23H

I did not get any paperwork with it and being new to the world of tractors cannot be sure exactly.
I would like to get it registered and on the road with its original plates if possible, and I guess the first step is knowing exactly what I have got,
Thanks,
Neil.

Les bryant
True Blue

Re: Dating my dexta.

Post by Les bryant »

Hi Looks to be early jan. 1963 as s/n ofmy super dexta is09c734289 so just built before mine
cheers Les.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Engine no starts 16, so yes that's a Super Dexta engine. Have a look for the engine casting code, see sticky at top of Dexta forum.

Glad you like her. :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Lesfen has just pointed out that your engine casting code is A33, which gives us Jan 3 1963.
From your codes, your tractor appears to be original - keep her that way!
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Coblentz
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Coblentz »

Thanks for the help,
And I will try to keep it original, as much as possible. (I assume that new, non leaking radiator hoses are o.k. :wink: )

cheers,
Neil.