Dexta Grilles

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Vulgunx
True Blue

Dexta Grilles

Post by Vulgunx »

What color should my 1961 dexta grilles be? and do i paint my wheat leaf badge on my nose cone?
Owner of a 1961 fordson dexta restyled model :)

marcusgs
True Blue

Re: Dexta Grilles

Post by marcusgs »

I'm going to say silver for the grills, however I think there has been some debate on this subject before!

Yes the badge does need painting, although I'm not totally confident of the original colours, someone else will have to tell me which of these two is correct...

Mark

Brian Cox
True Blue

Post by Brian Cox »

sorry, but the only model with silver grills is 1962 super dexta. Yours a 1961 dexta is orange :scratchhead:

Vulgunx
True Blue

Post by Vulgunx »

Owner of a 1961 fordson dexta restyled model :)

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

At risk of stirring up the great 'Grill Colour Debate' again, I'm pretty sure the 'Restyled' Dexta, which came out in Oct 1960, had silver grills. That's what my Fordson book says and what my original leaflet shows.

But most of all that's what the Oracle says, http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/wiki/ ... rills.html

who descibes the colour as .......'matt silver' ......nearly the grey of wood ash, a very whitey shade.... Perhaps Zinc colour would be the nearest.

But he also says some had blue grills.....

Ref the badge, the original badge on my '61' is as in Marcus's lower pic, ie plain orange and silver (aluminium). That seems to be what my restyled brochure also shows. :wink:
Last edited by Bensdexta on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

sky blue
True Blue

Post by sky blue »

according to the older site there were no red /orange grills when the dextas left
the factory, they were either blue or silver, but because the wheels where
orange the owners painted the grills orange, older dextas were blue later ones sliver the
fordsons dextas i think got mixed up with big brotherfordson major when it came to orange grills
especailly with who ever at the time made the magzines ect, the top bage ithink is the
proper colour , but ihave seen a compleaty red dexta on ebay every one to their own i supose
when it comes to colour, :) sky blue