Painting

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
welderpaul
True Blue

Painting

Post by welderpaul »

Quick question - a lot of the Dexta's I see which have been reconditioned, all engine parts are painted blue.
How were they originally painted when they left the factory...was the whole lot painted blue (obviously except grilles, wheels etc), or were certain bits of the engine left unpainted....fuel pump, fuel filter?

Another quick question......I have bought new gasket sets for the engine....is it good practice to use a gasket compound with the gaskets to ensure an A1 seal on the joints? Something like green hermetite??

Cheers

tom lad
True Blue

Re: Painting

Post by tom lad »

hi
does hermetite set ?

I prefer non setting like blue hylamar , easy to work with if u ever have to take some thing apart later . , only my opinion m8 :beer:
Some mornings I wake up grumpy, but most mornings I let her sleep in.

Cvans
True Blue

Post by Cvans »

is it good practice to use a gasket compound with the gaskets
That's a good question. Some say yes and some say no. And the question can really get interesting when it comes to head gaskets. The best answer is to follow the manufacturers recommendations.
If the mating surfaces are in factory condition I would say no gasket sealer required. Just my opinion. :scratchhead:
Chris

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

tom lad wrote:I prefer non setting like blue hylamar , easy to work with if u ever have to take some thing apart later . , only my opinion m8 :beer:
+1 for blue Hylomar
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!