Greasing front trunnion?

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Redpla
Not Quite Blue Yet

Greasing front trunnion?

Post by Redpla »

Just been around our Dexta with a grease-gun. (First time in ten years :oops: ) But can't see a grease nipple on the front trunnion. Should there be one (maybe it's snapped off)? And if there isn't one how does the trunnion get greased? Sadly, can't find a lubrication (greasing-point) pictorial chart online.

Billy26F5
True Blue

Re: Greasing front trunnion?

Post by Billy26F5 »

The Dexta front axle pin isn't fitted with a grease nipple, nor are most Fordsons, only later Super Major's (although Billy has a pin I wish all Major's had, with a nipple at each end). If you remove it you might want to hive it a bit of grease, but then there's a risk of it atracting dust and becoming counterproductive, so see what you think. I suspect Ford would have said not to put grease in there, but the repair manual makes no reference to that.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Redpla
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Redpla »

So it's just an un-lubricated bronze(?)-on-steel bearing, then? In which case I shall at once cease to feel guilty about neglecting it :-)

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Correct. I know what you mean, unfortunately Dexta instruction books seem difficult to find on internet, there's one on the forum but many of the pics aren't visible at the moment.
Sandy
ImageImageImage