is this a tractor

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
woolroad
Not Quite Blue Yet

is this a tractor

Post by woolroad »

I was looking fot TRACTOR parts not tractors !!!!!!!
peter roniotis

Meanderer
True Blue
Location: Elora Ontario, Canada (transplanted from Crookwell, NSW, Australia)

Post by Meanderer »

G'day Peter,
Welcome to the Board.
I'm not sure how to interprut your message but certainly hope that you don't think THAT tractors post you saw was put there by any real member of the board.
Oscar, (administrator & owner of the board) is away for work at this present time and as soon as he is back, I'm sure he will be changing the registration of members to an application based system that most boards do these days. It used to be like that on the previous board and is like that on every other board I frequent using this exact same software.
It will be a pain for applicants to have to wait for a confirmation email (up to 24hrs I guess) but it is the only way to stop these sleeze bags registering false IDs just so they can post.
A big reason they do it is because Search Engines like google are continuously searching websites whose content changes regularly and any links the robots find, they not only explore but they credit them with being popular! So the tractors site, gets the benefit of being a higher ranking in the search engine pages.
Hope that explains it for you and others.

Anyone that clicks on the links OR the photos that appear get taken to a site to download the so called special software for viewing the videos free. CAUTION: Who knows what software is being downloaded? It is very easy to have a Trojan in there that can record keystrokes when you are accessing and using your personal details for banking, shopping etc. Anti Virus software is only as good as their lastest database and your protection as good as your current update.

One of the Moderators will remove the post as soon as they come on.

You have come to the BEST place For Fordson Info though!!!!! :clap:

Regards,
Rick
'
Regards,
Rick

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

Now that there's two new moderators, they're doing a pretty good job of keeping that garbage off of here. I think that maybe another moderator in a different time zone would help. I always seem to see it before it gets deleted. It kind of ruins my day. I think some other BBS have changed their registration process to keep those idiots from registering as easily. Maybe that would help here, too.

JC

Post by JC »

Rick,
You hadn't posted yet when I stated typing mine, but I was having a fight with my computer, so my post came in after yours. You said what I was trying to say, only better.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Chaps,

Sorry but I have to sleep sometime! :shock: You can only stop these people by banning the web site and there are only two people who can do that. We are taking action. We will be returning to the permission based site as soon as Oscar returns. The two of us were deleting around 20 of those a day at times.

Aplogise for missing that one.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

JC wrote:I think that maybe another moderator in a different time zone would help.
Be careful what you ask for.... :) . Congrats, you're a mod!

Mike Kuscher
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Undesirable postings

Post by Mike Kuscher »

Hi All,
JC, Rick, you 'hit the nail right on the head'.
Brian and Oscar both do a fantastic job, and Kiwi Kev and myself recently received a 'call to arms' to try and help 'plug the gap'.
I'm in the same time zone as Brian, Kev operates in a different time zone, to try and give broader cover but, nobodys perfect.
(and Brian in nobody - so, by defenition, he's perfect :D )

Seriously though, If one gets through that we've momentarily missed, please, please, please PPM one of us. I've set up so that a PPM send me an email, in case I'm not 'on the board at the time'. Help us that way and we can 'nail them'.

Regards,
Mike

JC

Post by JC »

Oscar wrote:Be careful what you ask for.... :) . Congrats, you're a mod!

Thanks Oscar, I think.
I'll try to keep those bozos off of here while I'm online.

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

We now have 2 guys in Europe, 1 in California and 1 halfway between Australia and New Zealand, and together they cover a lot of timezones. Plus, I've put the board back to manual approval. Combined, the odds of this happening ever again are minimal.