Radiators

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
roromac
True Blue

Radiators

Post by roromac »

Fellow Fordsoners
I think there is a difference between the Dexta and Super Dexta radiators. I need a radiator for a Super Dexta but can I fit one for the Dexta and use different hoses?
Rob

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

If the radiator comes from a Dexta it will not fit a Super Dexta. However a Super Dexta one is the same as the petrol Dexta.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

roromac
True Blue

Post by roromac »

And I think you have one of those. Do you know if it's just the outlets that are different or is the fixing different?
Rob

npaisnel
True Blue

Post by npaisnel »

I think it will fit. I am sure the bottom fixings are exactly the same.
You may need to remove/adjust the fan shroud and will have to cobble something together with different hoses.

I also think it is a smaller rad, so less cooling capacity.

I would not do it as a permanent job, but if it is just to get you going, why not?

roromac
True Blue

Post by roromac »

TKU. It's for a cricket club tractor that I look after and the existing rad needs re-coring but it is in constant use at this time of year. Of course I could use my own NPSD but I like to keep the driving within the family. 12 y.o. son used it last year - but don't tell anyone.
Rob