drawbar

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
john.n
True Blue

drawbar

Post by john.n »

ive been looking into getting a drawbar, and decided that for what it actually is, might be worth making one since i have all the brackets. is there anything special about the type of metal? could someone help with the dimensions? a diagram would be of great help and also pin sizes, is it same diameter as cat2 pin?

thanks.

Foxen
True Blue

Post by Foxen »

can't help you much with drawings or such, but I can tell you what thickness and such I have on my super major(it's a homegrown drawbar), it's made out of 20x50 steel, the hole for the pin is 26mm... the hole actually is 34mm(I didn't build this) but I'm having a bush made out of steel to press into it and weld up there(giving me the possibility to swap it out if it gets worn)...
Essex Lily - Super Major -62 (No. 1618924)
Mr Fordson - Super Dexta -64(dad's)
"Si is est non infractus , effrego is quod animadverto si vos can redintegro is!"
<Ut simplex, validus quod constanter ut ferrum talea campester = Super Major>

john.n
True Blue

Post by john.n »

been to old 20 and asked about drawbars. all they could offer were ferguson ones. unfortunatly not long enough. found a sutable pin for the fixing closest to the front. 30mm pin.
any help with dimensions is good.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Try Malcolm Hipperson at Downham Market.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian