New Zealand Petrol Dexta finds a new home.

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

New Zealand Petrol Dexta finds a new home.

Post by Brian »

Chaps,

Completed the deal this morning on one of the petrol Dexta's from New Zealand :D Henrietta now has a little sister :D

I still have an option on the remaining poor little lonely one but will have to give it up soon. There have been a number of serious bidders, I met one this morning, a friend, who wanted both but has to wait for me to decide.

I have gone for the none-runner of the two. Now comes the big problem. Finding a name for her :) Any suggestions? She won't be home for a couple of weeks at least until my rush at work dies down a bit.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Kiwi Kev
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Brian
I've have to say this, how about "Kiwi" :lol: since she came all the way back from Kiwi just for you.
Congrats on the new family member.
Kiwi Kev
Last edited by Kiwi Kev on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kiwi Kev

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Brian
Why is it a non runner. What does it need, and where are the photos?
Kiwi Kev

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Brian,
I knew Ann would relent and agree on a new play mate for Henrietta. I'm happy for you, can't wait to see the pictures.
I'm like Kev, why a non runner? Does it look better that the runner or is it the price?
You could call her Petty, her being petrol.
:wink:
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

:needpics:

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Sorry, no pictures until she is out of the container. I shall be taking some next week when she comes out but am not in a hurry as yet. Too much work to do.

Just been and collected another new toy. A crop sprayer so we can get some blight spray and seaweed extract on the spuds. Got to get that working tonight after tea

12/6/2008.

OK. Here are a couple of pics. from inside the container.

Last edited by Brian on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

So how did you choose between the two? In what condition are those petrols? How did you even learn that they were around and for sale? Details! We want details! Ha!

henk

Post by henk »

Brian,

Look's like youre getting every Dexta back the Motherland.
Congratulations with your purchase.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

BarryT
True Blue

Post by BarryT »

Brian,

I'm glad that you've got yourself a Dexta, it's good to see them coming home :clap:

As regards a name something simple like Dexy.

Regards,

Barry

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

You're an old Rocker Barry :D . Like in Dexy's Midnight Runners?
Brian

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Thanx for the photos! Man, what a great find this is.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The painted rear in the container in picture two is the second one. You can just see the cowl (with its SILVER grills) on the seat. They took it off to avoid damage in transit. I still have an option on that one and its got brand new front tyres still with the mold marks.
Brian

jambug123
True Blue

Post by jambug123 »

very nice original looking tractors there, i would like a petrol dexta but i bet there a bit thursty when working hard compared to the diesel. mine uses about a pint an hour when ploughing and not much at all when running the finger mower all day and she will fire straight up without heat on a warm day.

Regards
James

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The petrol Dexta is absolutly brilliant on fuel James. I plough all day at Brimfield and drive about 10 miles there and back on around two and a half gallons. I certainly don't find it a thirsty tractor. Compared to the petrol Major or Henrietta which on the same sort of day come close to emptying the 14 gallon tank.

The only problem I have noticed with her is on a long road run you have to take a couple of cans with you so that when you stop for lunch, you can drain some out to stop it overflowing! :shock:
Brian

jambug123
True Blue

Post by jambug123 »

that is good on feul better than i thought it would be.

My grandad told me that when he was driving a standard fordson you where looking at around a gallon an hour and at the end of the day when it was dark the manifold was glowing red and he used to light his fag off it.

Regards
James