block changed from 144 to 152 Problems?

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
greendoglive
Not Quite Blue Yet

block changed from 144 to 152 Problems?

Post by greendoglive »

hi all recently told that my 58 block has been changed to a 152 what sort of problems can i expect here.

Took motor into the shop a few weeks ago as not enough compression to start and generally really stuffed.

Was under the impression that it was originally fitted with the F3-144 so ordered kit etc

The shop then tells me the liners are all wrong and to small, after measuring appears that the block is of 152 caliber.

Couple of questions

Head is indirect injection is this correct for f3-152 ?

Crank is that the same?

and what else will be different?in other words is the only difference between 152 and 144 pistons and linners?

Obviously was running well for some time but would like to do properly.
Dexta 1958?
957E 7905
C25B

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The block has been bored out to take the Super Dexta liners and pistons. Everything else will be the same.

Yes, they were all indirect injection.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

YorkshireDextaMan
True Blue

Post by YorkshireDextaMan »

So why would the block need to be bored, unless it was to fit a Lip liner?
My engineering shop just pressed out the 3.5 Dexta liners and pressed in new 3.6 liners, Mine is an original 1960 Dexta and had never been worked on . So deciding to do an engine rebuild we just went for a Super Dexta engine kit.
Wonder if that makes me half way between Dexta and Super Dexta? :)

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

YorkshireDextaMan wrote:
Wonder if that makes me half way between Dexta and Super Dexta? :)
Yorkshire man, I did this to mine and everything is still the same. What are we going to call our tractors now with this set up? An almost Super or a Super duper Dexta. We'll have to ask Ben and see what he says he's always good on these type of things. What say you Ben! :wink:
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

GERRY
True Blue

Post by GERRY »

I think most of the machine shops are doing this as they as the can use the perkins 152 liners for m/f and the dexta . that is why they have the lipped linner now, this can open the name up to another different level.are our blue darlings now all bitas or [a s p ]if the engine has been done up like this. mine had the same done, over to BRIAN .
Gerry