Rear view mirrors

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
woodseaves
True Blue

Rear view mirrors

Post by woodseaves »

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post on what appears to be a great site. I have done some searches on my subject but not found anything. My problem is my age, I have great difficulty reversing my Dexta with a trailer attached. I can't turn my head and body round enough. I have seen a photo of an official Dexta with wing mirrors attached to the rear fenders. Does anyone know where I can obtain either original mirrors or a suitable alternative?
regards

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Welcme to the board. It seems to be a common problem with age but these young lads do not know about that yet! :D

I bought a caravan extension mirror from Halfords, its on a stalk and has a good plastic bracket that can be bolted to the wing. It can be slid out or taken off very easily.

Cost around £18.00.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

woodseaves
True Blue

Post by woodseaves »

Thanks Brian, just what I needed.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Ploughing mirror

Post by Bensdexta »

Is it feasible to use a mirror for ploughing, perhaps mounted from the bonnet?

Alternatively a rear view camera may be an option?
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Why would you need that Ben?
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Brian wrote:Why would you need that Ben?
To save my neck!! :wink:

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I use mirrors all the time on every vehicle I drive, to reverse. Even combines and caravans. I've used cameras on potato harvesters and beet harvesters to reverse too!

But ploughing? Never! :D You need to see the land turning over, how it lies next to the previous furrow and how the skimmers are turning in the surface trash.

None of this can be seen by a mirror or a camera. Or is it just me being a sweet oldfashioned thing? Even though I am not very good at it, I need to "feel" the work and you don't get that with a mirror or camera.
Brian

dexta roadless
True Blue

Post by dexta roadless »

Amen Brian :D
6o Dexta Roadless
62 Dexta
63 Super Dexta
75 Shilter UT
62 Aebi

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Brian wrote: I need to "feel" the work and you don't get that with a mirror or camera.
Wait till you try my 3D camera :wink:

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Yep, Brians right Ben, anyway how would you look going to a ploughing contest using a mirror. :wink:
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

GERRY
True Blue

Post by GERRY »

I think you got waaaaay off the subject here :? it was for reversing a trailer the mirrors were needed. and a camera might help for somone who cant turn their head, altough the mirrors are the more ideal option, Gerry