Paint

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
naildriver
True Blue

Paint

Post by naildriver »

I went to NAPA and they didn't know what Empire blue was so we matched a sample with a picture. After painting the tractor and visulizing the fenders, wheels and tires, I don't like my color. It turned out to light, my wife called it "pastel". I have more than enough paint to paint it again. My question is can I take back the remaining paint and have them give it a color additive that will give it a little darker blue effect.

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Nails,
I don't know why you couldn't try. But if you want your tractor the original color you need to go to CNH dealer, they got plenty of it.
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

pjjms
True Blue

Post by pjjms »

My understanding is that most paints are supplied to the shop as a base colour. They tint it to make the colour you need using a vast list of standard brews, just as they do for house paint. If your supplier has tinted to match a picture they will be skilled enough to darken it up a bit for you.

naildriver
True Blue

Post by naildriver »

Napa added some darker color so I was able to use what paint that I had leftover. Just have a few loose ends to tie up, such as bolting hood, wiring lights, grese fittings, mount seat, etc, but should finish tomorrow. I would post a pic but my son is busy :lol: [/img]