tires

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
naildriver
True Blue

tires

Post by naildriver »

Buying new tires tomorrow. I currently have 13.6x28 on 12 in rims. Should I keep that size or go back original?

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hi,

13.6 x 28 is the new designation for the old tire size of 12 x 28. If you have 12 inch rims then the tire you have currently fitted is the right size. You could even go one size up on those rims. One of my E27Ns has the same size fitted and they are marked 13.6/12 x 28 because they were made at the time when the size standards changed.

Your tire shop may even have a chart that they can show you that cross references all the sizes and what rims they can be fitted to.

Regards, Frank.
Real tractors don't need tin work to be beautiful.

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Nails,
That would be up to you and what you are doing the most of with your tractor. I have the originals on mine, they do just fine for me. I use my tractor to plough, disc, bush hog, rake hay, mow hay.
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

naildriver
True Blue

Post by naildriver »

I was mistaken about the rim size, I will measure tomorrow. The tire said 12" rim but I recall that it is 11. will ck tomorrow

naildriver
True Blue

Post by naildriver »

Is there any know advantage to bigger tires. Were not talking much. Does anyone know about how much bigger this is

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

naildriver wrote:I was mistaken about the rim size, I will measure tomorrow. The tire said 12" rim but I recall that it is 11. will ck tomorrow
Beware of rim sizes, there are different ways of measuring it. The moden way is the internal bead width. Suggest you search on here for tyres/rims/wheels, there are lots of threads on the subject :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!