Finally got mine painted

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
commander
True Blue

Finally got mine painted

Post by commander »

Well, I finally got the time to paint my Dexta a few weeks ago. I would have put these pictures up sooner, but the old computer died and I just in the last couple days have had time to go get a new one and get it set up.

I jokingly call it my 20/20 paint job. Looks great from 20 feet away at 20 mph. ....Actually I thought it turned out looking great considering I'm an amateur at this.

(And yes the wheels are a bit too orange, but the grills are blue :)

This is my dad getting ready to take it for ride. It was his tractor for many years, so after the paint dried, I drove over to his house to let him have a look.

Last edited by commander on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David in Wales
True Blue

Post by David in Wales »

Congratulations in getting your Dexta painted. There is no definate "official" colour for the orange Ford used, but yours looks okay to me.
Have you got badges? They are available here, let me know if you need the websites of suppliers.
David

commander
True Blue

Post by commander »

I have an original badge for the nosecone (the 'wheat' badge) ...a bit bent up, but I'm going to try painting it and see how it looks. I don't have the 'fordson' badge that goes vertical down the cowl.

I do know a couple of websites/suppliers in the UK that sell them. The exchange rates have put me off that so far, but since I'm almost done with the rest of it, I'm getting weak and will probably break down and spend the money soon.

The numbers say this is a 1959 model ..that and lack of mounting holes in the hood (bonnet ?) seem to indicate that it didn't have any badges or decals there.

The paint came from Tractor Supply Company. The wheels are Kubota orange. I used about 1.5 gals of the blue. If I had room to hang and paint everything at once, I could probably have done it with 1 gal. Because it was a small bldg, it was 4 batches to paint everything.

David in Wales
True Blue

Dexta badges

Post by David in Wales »

Your model will have had the central stamped tin Wheatsheaf badge & a cast alluminum long vertical badge with "Fordson Dexta" in raised letter which fits on the vertical bar between the grills. (yours has holes in the bar)
Reproductions are available from
www.agrilineproducts.com in England.
Price Wheatsheaf $10
Fordson Dexta $50
Here we pay 17.5% sales tax, but you living abroad escape this. But postage is extra.
David

Meanderer
True Blue
Location: Elora Ontario, Canada (transplanted from Crookwell, NSW, Australia)

Post by Meanderer »

G'day Commander,
Welcome back to the new Board after a long abscence.
I've emailed you Edited versions of the images you have posted above. I've cropped and reduced file sizes to be more suitable for posting here.
Hope your happy with them.
Cheers,
Rick
'
Regards,
Rick

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Commander,
You've done an outstanding job on your Dexta. I've got one just like it.
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

commander
True Blue

Post by commander »

Thanks for all the kind words and advice....I do realize the pics are a
bit large :oops: ...I had to replace the old pc last week and just haven't had time yet to re-install all the 'tools' I had for editing pics and the like ..

I'll definitely take a look at the agriline site this weekend ...

I'll check the e-mail again this pm and look for the those pics ...may be in the spam box by mistake ....thanks

commander
True Blue

Post by commander »

Ok, I found my software and got those pics down to a better size ....