Another petrol for sale

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
pjjms
True Blue

Another petrol for sale

Post by pjjms »

For the New Zealand readers this one is advertised as 1965.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Business-farmi ... 598501.htm

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Post by The Swanndri Guy »

For that sort of money ,I would consider it, only problem is that its at the wrong end of the island. :eyes: TSG.
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

pjjms
True Blue

Post by pjjms »

Yes, I've got the same problem. Getting things across to the south island adds a lot of cost.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Somebody please save the poor little waif :cry: She looks like an advert for homeless children!

No one has looked after her for a long time.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Auction ends 31 Oct 2010 @ 8.00pm, if it does not sell, I might try to buy it ,and see if I can get it back trucked up this way.Would make a good restoration project.TSG. :roll:
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

kiwiland dexta
True Blue

Post by kiwiland dexta »

when are they building the bridge to the south island TSG? I think we've all been looking at this one with longing! Mind, I've been out on the diesel with the mower so can't complain!
you know it's a classic when people stop to watch.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

The Swanndri Guy wrote:Auction ends 31 Oct 2010 @ 8.00pm, if it does not sell, I might try to buy it ,and see if I can get it back trucked up this way.Would make a good restoration project.TSG. :roll:
It's the right side of the water for you isn't it? A 250m drive?? :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Kiwiland Dexta, normally I think of the "North Island/South Island" bridge on the 1st of April. :stress: It might happen after the North Island to Norfork Island tunnel is completed!! Ben , yes its on the right side of the Cooks straight, but depending on where it is, it could be 525 to575 km from here, with some rather windey roads, with a few good hills.Not the kind of drive I would want to do with a tandem axle trailer behind the ute.If back trucking was not an option, then the only other option is to put the rear wheel on backwards and drive it back up over 2 or 3 days via Bulls/Taihape/Waiouru/National Park/Taumarunui/Otorohanga. :eyes: Allways a possibility.TSG.
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

kiwiland dexta
True Blue

Post by kiwiland dexta »

Hey, TSG, sorry but someone bid on it, you could try this one - has a rest-o-ride seat, and is that a DAR valve or not? It's not petrol but it's a lot closer to you!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Business-farmi ... 653354.htm

Derek.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

kiwiland dexta wrote:... has a rest-o-ride seat, and is that a DAR valve or not? It's not petrol but it's a lot closer to you!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Business-farmi ... 653354.htm
No I think that is the usual flow control ext services plate. It is a late Dexta though as she has the minimec fuel pump like Super D. Maybe it's a Super?

But what is the filter above the dynamo?
Looks like it might be a second fuel filter in series with the usual filter on the L/H side of the engine abaft the fuel pump, as there are pipes heading for the front of the engine!

Is Kiwi diesel really that bad!! :lol:

Lesfen
True Blue

Post by Lesfen »

Bensdexta,
You're right, the later Dextas had a 2nd fuel filter. We even have a cartridge for one sold to my Dad by mistake at the dealers ~20 years ago.
Haven't got a canister or found a tractor to fit it yet :) !
Looks a later model alright, with the off-white fenders and rims, but the H/L shifter lever is an old style one without the screw-on knob?

kiwiland dexta,
Don't see a DAR valve.

Cheers,
Les

Bensdexta
True Blue

Water Separator Filter?

Post by Bensdexta »

The Operator's Handbook says "Tractors supplied to certain Export territories are fitted with the two main fuel filters in addition to the nylon filter inside the tank.."

According to the handbook, the filter in the pic on the RH side of the engine should be a Water Separator Filter and should have a glass bowl which is designed for draining off water in the fuel.

Might be useful to have such a filter as we move to bio-diesel with greater risk of water & algae in the fuel. :?:

kiwiland dexta
True Blue

Post by kiwiland dexta »

Our fuels have had a mixed reputation for sure, I think with a lot of things we are pretty low on the importance scale in the world market. Also many farmers store their own fuels on-farm for months here in tanks with the possibility of added condensation and dust. Someone even added a glass bowl filter my '61 fuel line in its past.