Grill badge

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
john.n
True Blue

Grill badge

Post by john.n »

I have bought a new badge for between the grills, the one with FORDSON DEXTA on it.
I was wondering what colour this should be, seen blue ones and orange ones. its its for a may 1960 Dexta.

many thanks

Jan 59
True Blue

Re: Grill badge

Post by Jan 59 »

My Dexta was supplied May 1959 and the grill badge was blue.

Wee59dexta
True Blue

Post by Wee59dexta »

This is interesting as I'm currently thinking what colour should the vertical cowl badge be? I've seen some with an orange background but i've been told the originals were chrome?

Any more thoughts on this please?

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Blue on this early dexta leaflet:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Wee59dexta
True Blue

Post by Wee59dexta »

thanks mate! The blue does look great! I've seen them for sale as orange but never blue. I think I will do mine blue, after having seen this. It's also interesting to note the red grill fasteners.

A topic titled 'What colour do you have your front badges' would be good craic...

Thanks again!

blue32
True Blue

Post by blue32 »

The badge between the grilles has alvays become blu, eccept from the letters... (my opinion is nice to have them totally chrom, as they comes from the factory :oops: ) The big cromebadge on both side of bonnet was only on some 1961 model,s and also the 09B...model,s in 1962. this badge was chrome with red background and chrome letter,s.
-Finally in 1963 it was not badge between the front grillplates at all. (this was equal on Dextas and S.Dexta,s) This year the Fordson Dexta special come with sticker, on both side of bonnet -I can also remember that some of the earliest Super Dexta,s did have a litle chromebadge on side on the bonnet: FORDSON.
Mybee it is moore... :roll: