Hedgrow dexta

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Nick
True Blue

Hedgrow dexta

Post by Nick »

Hi guys. I have found a hedgrow dexta diesel quite near to where i live, hasnt moved in 15years at least. I phoned the owner last night to ask if he wanted to sell but im not sure what it would be worth. What do you reckon? £400-500?
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

GERRY
True Blue

Re: Hedgrow dexta

Post by GERRY »

hi, its hard to tell without apicture, it depends on what is left on tractor , tinwork ,
tyres , even oils etc, then the reason itwas left inthe hedge, iwould be thinking scrap value,
around £2oo , i would start as low as possible , having said that i have brought hedgerow backend and turned
it into a working tractor , alot of work and fun, and money, Good Luck . Gerry

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

well it has good tinwork, tyres are flat but not too bad. engine turns over (apparently) and it has the rams etc for a front loader. reason for tractor being in the hedge was a flat tyre!!! bloody farmers, why do they do it!
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

River
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by River »

Now now Nick, less of the b----y farmers, look on it as it been there in storage waiting for you, let's face it, could have been scraped years ago. Get it bought.

GERRY
True Blue

Post by GERRY »

if thats the case £400 or there abouts sounds good, if you do get it just think of the fun getting her
backto health , these hedgerow finds in that condition are getting hard to come by, they are usually much worse
hope you it Gerry

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Post by The Swanndri Guy »

:needpics: Nick,considering that the tractor has not moved in 15 years, just be prepared that it could require more work than you think to get in going, depending in how much it has been exposed to the elements.Let us know how you get on with purchasing this Dexta.TSG.
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

well i havent had chance to take any pictures of it yet. you honestly would never know its there because of the brambles, all you can see, is part of a rear tyre! i am prepared for hard work to get it going, if i do manage to buy it i will take loads of pictures from when i pull her out with my jcb, until i get it going. Going to ring the bloke later on, and make an offer............watch this space :D :D :D :D

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

Well just spoke to the farmer, and the deal is done, 400 quid. So im hoping that we will get a dry few hours at the weekend and i can go and get it. I will take as many pictures as possible! :D

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

Congrats, Nick!

Pics are good. We like pictures :lol: