oil from Exhaust

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
niallsdexta
True Blue

oil from Exhaust

Post by niallsdexta »

Hi Guys,

I am in real trouble I think, my super dexta has started to put a considerable amount of oil out somewhere when running, the side of the engine around the fuel pump and the injectors is covered in black oil, I cannot see where it is coming from and it was suggested to me that it was comimg out of the exhaust pipe, the underside of the bonnet has alot of splatter and there is some oil on the outside of the bonnet also.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this before, I am really concerned and nothing jumps out as obviously wrong.

Cheers,
Niall
I don’t know what I am doing!

Nevis
True Blue

Re: oil from Exhaust

Post by Nevis »

My friend had the same issue recently and got completely covered in black mess on the way home from a ploughing match. The advice I had seen on here is that it might be slobber from the exhaust which is indicative of the engine being underworked. So as his next door neighbour had a field that needed ploughing I suggested he give it some work and plough in as high gear as possible with throttle opened wide.
Ploughing 3 acres like this cured the slobbering problem completely.
So the answer might be to give the tractor a good workout - for most of us that isn't so easy as we don't all have large plots available for ploughing!

Regards Andy