Dexta loader

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Nick
True Blue

Dexta loader

Post by Nick »

Hi guys, when i bought my dexta, it had a front loader on it. I have taken it off and I want to sell it on ebay soon. Will it also fit mf 35 or t-20 models?
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: Dexta loader

Post by Bensdexta »

Hi,
Is it Horndraulic, the most common type (or MIL less common)? Any bucket?
Does it work? What condition are the rams?
Where is it?
I doubt it would fit a Fergy as the mounting frame is probably different, but arms are prob OK if someone can fnd a suitable frame.
Pics would help your cause! :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

Hi ben. Im not sure what make it is, its yellow in colour and has a bucket. Im not sure it works as the machine didnt run when i got it, i would think it does because its had oil in it. Its the type that you pull a lever and the bucket swings down by gravity and then locks back in again (this bit looks seized). It also has the bit that goes accross the front on the tractor to protect the front grills.
The bits that arent so good, are one of the mounting brackets has snapped off (i have the bit just needs welding) and the lever is missing to move the bucket. I will post pictures up later when i have chance.
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

[img]http://i965.photobucket.comImage/albums/ae1Image]35/timewellnick/062.jpg[/IMG]Image

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Ithink it's a MIL loader.

Gavin
True Blue

Post by Gavin »

What condition are the rams in. The chrome on mine is non existant and i am looking for replacements.
Fordson Super Dexta, Ford 4610, and Ford 3000

snowman
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by snowman »

im interested if no one who s posted before me isent ,where abouts is it thanks

River
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by River »

Mill loader, it looks as if it may suit a 35-135 as well, or its been a massey sub frame modified for a Dexta.

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

I have no idea what the condition of the rams are, how do i find out? just pull them out?
I live near taunton in somerset. I dont think its been used in quite some time, but the bloke i bought it off of said it worked fine when the tractor was working.

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

I tried pulling the rams out by hand quickly last night, but had no luck may try again later. It is also going on ebay later, for ten days. :D

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

What do you reckon it would be worth?

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Nick wrote:What do you reckon it would be worth?
I would be surprised but happy, if you got £100. :wink:

Depends on its condition, any rust holes etc or just surface rust.

It will be easier to sell if you can put in on your tractor and show it works, as hydraulic rams, pipes etc can get expensive.

Good luck

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

Well my dexta is in bits at the moment so i cant tell if it works or not so im going to put it on as spares/repair. To be honest if i got 50 quid for it id be happy, just want it gone really. I can get 50 quid for it scrap, so if it dont sell, it will be a washing machine soon!

snowman
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by snowman »

id give you 50 for it but afraid im near sheffield :x