bloomin hydaulic settings

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
tom lad
True Blue

bloomin hydaulic settings

Post by tom lad »

mornin all :D

i'm still trying to set my s dexta hydaulics .....

last time it was all together - ploughing - the lift in draft was becoming slower and slower , snap into position and it works perfectly (i didnt try it but i bet if i pushed the draft selector lever back it would speeded up .
i changed the cam follower pin a few years ago , still have prob .

i used to have a oil leak ( suspect unloading valve cap, bin machined out -new cap -nice and tight , but untested lol ) thanx for advice/ knoledge :clap: brian

if the pin wears then does the cam wear ? my pin was only about 1/3 , 1/2 through seen loads of photos of worse ones on here lol

lever in draft, my cam never touchs the pin , even arms fully down , so y does it matter were the lift is to make the settings ??? closest is about 5 mm , my pin is 7 mm from memory

if it goes back together im sure it will lift but slowly .. the control valve does not get pushed in fully , which i am presuming it should do to get full oil ..... snap into position i can easly push valve in all the way .

it seems i need another 4-6 mm on my turnbuckle ,i dearnt go less than 2 , 2 1/2 turns of thread in the adjuster ....

my lift arms are tight sezed on the spines , as they all are i think , so to be honest i dont really want to fully strip the cross shaft , un less i was sure it would help , can we by new cams ?

regard confused tom
so to add photos i need to join photo bucket or symular ? WOO HOO i added a picture :beer:

link to my photos ( i think :roll: ) http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g36 ... nt=077.jpg
is my linkage correctly assembeled ?
Some mornings I wake up grumpy, but most mornings I let her sleep in.

jaccodibaw100
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: bloomin hydaulic settings

Post by jaccodibaw100 »

Hi, Have exactly the same problem, I am planning to cut off the threaded part of the turnbuckle and weld a longer one on. Would be interested to know if anybody else has tried this. Neil

Nevis
True Blue

Post by Nevis »

I also have the same problem as does my neighbours Dexta - I've never been able to achieve the settings and have simply set the turnbuckle long as I dare. On both tractors the draft position does not work. I've always assumed that the main reason was wear in the linkages and had not considered that the cam may also have worn.
I also would be very interested in whether adding a section to the threaded part of the turnbuckle would work.

YorkshireDextaMan
True Blue

Post by YorkshireDextaMan »

I would'nt worry about it too much, after all it's a clear case of what ""A Ford dos next"" :roll:
Fordson Dexta, Barn Door Technology at it's best.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Point 1. The pin should not touch the cam in Draft Control, only in Position Control.

2. Yes the cam can wear.

3. Linkage can also bend and give you similar problems

4. Do not think it wise to increase the length of the adjuster. If it is not long enough the problem is in the lever shaft or the link up to the adjuster.

I will see if I can get my hands on a Dexta lift over the weekend and see what we are missing.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Just another thought. I suppose the Draft Control spring on the rear and the turnbuckle is free.

Unless this is free and working and needs setting before the lift is adjusted, the adjustments at the control valve will not come right.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

tom lad
True Blue

Post by tom lad »

ello

ive altered /butchered the threaded bar of the adjuster , i decided that i needed more lenght.

i was going to re enginier the part, so then i still had the original if it went wrong, but i decided i can add 10 mm to its lenght and the nut portion of the tunbuckle will take all the execcess , ie. i can got back to the original setting. There will be 10mm more thread screwed in side, also that will be stronger wont it.

i cut the the pin in half ,above the thread so i can use it all added 10mm of steel tube and welded it back together.

now i can get the setting finally :clap:

all back together and i think it correct , i can get a reasonal speed of lift in draft and the position works fine as it did before .(before in draft it bearly lifted the arms , i had to use positon setting to rase implement at the headlands, the valve was not being pushed in far enough )
odd point , set in draft quardant full lower, arms drop to lowest setting (as they should i tink ) but snap the lever to position and the arms lift about 4 " , they will not go all the way to the floor in position , snap back to draft and they drop the last bit ? i think i can film it , you tube ?
the tunbuckle is now set only about 1 mm longer but that seems to be enough.

still have bouncing issue but im ignoring it for now , only bin in the field with light fergie grubbers , not had chance to plough yet.

tom
Some mornings I wake up grumpy, but most mornings I let her sleep in.