When would these parts be used?

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Chug-A-Lug
True Blue

When would these parts be used?

Post by Chug-A-Lug »

Our Dexta has the brackets under the axel in the top picture, but not the lugs on the lift arms. I assume they're used to stabilise the linkage but have never seen them used. What would go between them?

Thanks, Sam
New Performance Super Dexta - Mostly 1964...

marcusgs
True Blue

Re: When would these parts be used?

Post by marcusgs »

It would either be one of these:

or one of these

Mark

Chug-A-Lug
True Blue

Post by Chug-A-Lug »

Thanks Mark,

I can't read the dimensions on the flat bar but it looks too long. The adjustable one looks like it would do the job.

I guess its just an alternative to the stabiliser bars that brace at the top link.

Does anybody use these? I think they might be usefull to me when transporting implements on the road, sometimes the check chains won't adjust to the length I need and an implement swinging about on the road can make things unstable at corners!

Any advise would be very much appreciated.

Sam

blue32
True Blue

Post by blue32 »

Yes, this first picture is for mounting under the axel on the bolt,s from the fender,s. (this is in center of front hydraulikarms) It is for stabilize t.example a
plough from wander sideways under working. It is a adjustable stag who goes to the bolt from one side of plough. That picture of the flat stag is moore likely to MF, I think...(who goes from the draglink for trailer up to bolt of lockframe on the hydraulikarm)...it is two of them, goes forom the draglkink up to end of H.arms. The last pict. (bolt with eare) is for mounting on different euqipment,s hanging after the tractor). :wink:

blue32

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Dexta stabilisers are like the flat bar in the lower picture. I never saw a Dexta with adjustable ones like the top picture. Super Dexta stabilisers had two holes at one end for Cat 1 and Cat 2 pins.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Gavin
True Blue

Post by Gavin »

I think the point is that a dexta doesn't use the pin in photo 2 and the long bar goes between the axle bracket and the implement lower link pin. Personally I prefer the adjustable short stabiliser but that is from a practical point of view not a authentic viewpoint.
Fordson Super Dexta, Ford 4610, and Ford 3000

Chug-A-Lug
True Blue

Post by Chug-A-Lug »

Thanks for that Brian/Gavin. Useful to hear both sides.

Just to clarify Gavin, you use the eyebolt assembly and lug in my second photo, combined with the adjustable stay in marcusgs photo?

Thanks

Gavin
True Blue

Post by Gavin »

Yes the adjustable stay fits between the axle bracket and the lug in your 2nd photo which replaces the bolt halfway along the lower lift arm where it attaches to the drop arm
Fordson Super Dexta, Ford 4610, and Ford 3000

michael dyer
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by michael dyer »

When using a plough or indeed other ground penitrating equipment the linkage should be allowed to have some sideways movement during work. If the plough is set up correctly it will follow the tractor correctly to achieve the desired front furrow width.

Chug-A-Lug
True Blue

Post by Chug-A-Lug »

Understood Michael. I don't have any ground penetrating implements for the time being, but I do do a lot of load transportation and manouvering which I'm hoping to stabilise.