Does anybody in New Zealand want a petrol Dexta?

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
pjjms
True Blue

Does anybody in New Zealand want a petrol Dexta?

Post by pjjms »

I've just run out of time to do this one up having taken on some more contracts at work.
I've had it for a year or two. Had been sitting for a number of years before that. I got it running but the engine knocks a bit. Lift arms need freeing up. The nose cone has the usual rust but very repairable. Bonnet is sound. Guards have had most of the repairs done but need the lower portion of the supports made to complete. Foot plates have been repaired. Clutch, gearbox etc seem ok. Wheels are sound with worn but usable tyres. Everything appears correct for a petrol model, including the second fuel tank, but the bell housing must have been replaced at some time as the serial number says its a diesel acording to Brians records.

The tractor is located in Nelson. If you were to turn up with a couple of hundred dollars and a trailer It will be yours.

Peter

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Re: Does anybody in New Zealand want a petrol Dexta?

Post by The Swanndri Guy »

Peter, if I was closer to Nelson AND on the same island, I'd be down there with the L200 and trailer ASAP, but from here its just too far and I have not got the time :cry: still looking at the Petrol Dexta in Huntly on Trade Me, the price is coming down slowly,but they still want too much for it :eyes: Hope it find a good home,TSG.
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

kiwiland dexta
True Blue

Post by kiwiland dexta »

Mate, I'd love to but I'm in enough trouble already buying an alternator for my diesel dexta! Might revisit the idea if you've still got it in a few months... I sure hope there weren't any in the containers on that ship out of Tauranga.
you know it's a classic when people stop to watch.

pjjms
True Blue

Post by pjjms »

I don't mind if you get in more trouble! Besides, it Christmas soon and what better gift for the wife to buy for the man who has everything, after all theres no point in her buying you an alternator now!

I have put it in the club mag, but I suspect I will have it for a while yet. Who knows, I may get motivated to do something with it early next year.
Peter

kiwiland dexta
True Blue

Post by kiwiland dexta »

seems like there's a few out there!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farmi ... 942066.htm
you know it's a classic when people stop to watch.

pjjms
True Blue

Post by pjjms »

Yes, if the claims of only 4000 being built are true then they must all be in New Zealand. One pops up on Trademe every 3 months or so. I've yet to see a restored one here though.