Gearbox part question

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
YorkshireDextaMan
True Blue

Gearbox part question

Post by YorkshireDextaMan »

Hi there, Was just wondering if anyone has a spare or know where i can buy a Gearbox main shaft thrust washer, for a standard Dexta, When i started to assemble the box see there should be two washers on the shaft, only one came of so she must have been assembled before with one missing , suppose one could be made to fit but it wouldnt have the splines, Any help or suggestions would be welcome, Thanks Jim.

As a matter of interest, would any of you have a Dexta Parts list, one with the actual part numbers on, CHN dealer may be able to get a washer if they had a part no.
Fordson Dexta, Barn Door Technology at it's best.

Dunggatherer
True Blue

Re: Gearbox part question

Post by Dunggatherer »

Yorkshiredextaman,

i may be able to help you.
Last year i took a gearbox apart, for the shifterrails.
I think i have the washer you need, i took a photo.
I can send you the photo by email, for identification, if the washer is the right one, you can have it.
Better to put it in your Dexta than let it collect oxides in my garage...
So please send me your emailaddress and we'll work it out.
Greetings from the Netherlands.

Rob.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

YorkshireDextaMan wrote:As a matter of interest, would any of you have a Dexta Parts list, one with the actual part numbers on, CHN dealer may be able to get a washer if they had a part no.
You can see the online Dexta parts list on CHN. google on vugot.com.
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

YorkshireDextaMan
True Blue

Post by YorkshireDextaMan »

Thanks fellas. As it happend i went to my local CHN and they got to washers (called thrust washers) there are two and are brass coloured and made to fit on the splines,
i reckon they were left out in a former box repair. with a few more bits it s all back and fine , nice and quiet, does'nt jump out of gear,
However, there is a sting in this tale, because after the box repair job, and a few days later i got the bill, for the washers, £60 +vat each, and yes i did check with the dealers on the price, So to Rob, maybe you have a saleable item there, Thanks again , Jim.
Fordson Dexta, Barn Door Technology at it's best.