Dexta numbers

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Dextaholic
Not Quite Blue Yet

Dexta numbers

Post by Dextaholic »

Hello to you all, I am Mike from the US, my dad has had this dexta since around 1975 , in 1997 he left the top off the exhalst and rain got in the motor, without thinking he started it and now it needs rod bearings and the crank will probably need to be turned. I am taking an interest in this tractor and am excited to get the motor running and do a sandblast job, new paint , tires, and what ever else it takes to have Dexta up and going again.
It's gonna take some time and work but I'm determined to get this completed for my 74 year old father while he is still here to see it. I may have to ask alot of questions from those of you that are much more familiar with the dexta than I am.
Here are some numbers I got from the Dexta today , and from what I can tell I have a 1962 , any imput from you would be very much appreciated.

09B705959
B19 2
957E 7005 T4 B28H
Any of you that can verify the meaning of these numbers will very appreciated.

Mike

Lesfen
True Blue

Re: Dexta numbers

Post by Lesfen »

Hey Mike,
Glad to see another Dexta rescued!
There is a lot of help available from really great guys on this board.

09B705959> serial number>Built in about early March 1962.
B192>If is on the engine, block could be cast February 19, 1962.
957E 7005 T4> Gearbox Part number, B28H>February 28, 1962.
37111310>Cast number on engine block that must mean something??? Earlier Dextas had a slightly different number here.

More info on codes here from Brian's post in 'Dexta Newbie here....and a few questions':
Brian wrote:Pictures and location of all date codes are on the Wiki, from the Home page or via the link on "Misc". Codes are "fordsontractorpages" and "dotty". There is also an article on Dexta Hydraulics.
Cheers,
Les

Dextaholic
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Dextaholic »

Thank You very much for the response , and helping me with numbers . So it looks like I can start my engine work by finding rod bearings for a 1962 Fordson Dexta, if this is not correct please chime in a tell me what I should be getting.

Thanks in Advance
Mike
:clap: :clap:

60dexta
True Blue

Post by 60dexta »

If it needs work on the crank I would get that sorted before looking for bearings. You don't want to buy standard size and then find you need undersized bearing shells to suit a reground crank.
Rob

Dextaholic
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Dextaholic »

Thanks Rob , your right I guess I'm just to excited to finally know what model she is and what to get parts for.
:D :D :D