identify a dexta

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
terry274
True Blue

identify a dexta

Post by terry274 »

I am trying to figure out exactly what year dexta I have. The numbers are hard to read, but I believe they are as follows:
On the right hand side of the transmission are the numbers:
957E 7005 C
T4
3L14 /
On the left hand side of the flange where the transmission meets the engine, going vertically, are the numbers:
09C930258
On the cylinder head is the word: mon0cyl, the middle o is elongated. The head has the number 371I6140 0.
And finally, on the left hand side of the block are the numbers:
What information can be gleaned from these numbers?
Thanks,
Terry

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by Tubal Cain »

The numbers that you have quoted suggest that your tractor was built around about October 1963 and identify it as a Super Dexta.

The engine serial number is stamped on the block immediately above and behind the fuel injection pump and should be something like 16*****.

Gerald

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Terry,

The 957E number is a casting number and is the same on every Dexta built. As is the T4.

3L14 = 1963, October 14th. Casting numbers can vary. My new Dexta has a gearbox casting in August 1960 and rear axle codes of December

09C930258 puts her in the month of November 1963 as her final assembly.

My information does not cover engine numbers.

Monocyl is the name of the company who cast the head. All the casting work on the engine were done by Ford not Perkins but it seems they may have contracted some of the work out.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian