lift filter

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
DEXTAS
True Blue

lift filter

Post by DEXTAS »

hi
i am woundering were the lift filter is on my 58 dexta i think its on the rear housing but not sure thanks for the help :D

60dexta
True Blue

Re: lift filter

Post by 60dexta »

If you are talking about the 3 point linkage hydraulics filter it is under the big cover under the seat.
In the manual it says it should never realy need changing.
I am changing mine as I have had the top off to sort out other issues with the hydraulics.

Edit: The filter is on the end of the pipe at the bottom of the picture..

Edit 2: The inlet to the pump has a strainer inside the thing that looks a bit like a bean tin. I cannot get mine out without withdrawing the pump so decided to leave it in there. The bottom to the strainer is open to the sump so debris should fall back out into the sump.

Rob

DEXTAS
True Blue

Post by DEXTAS »

my lift seems to be going up but not going down so i thought it was the filter?

60dexta
True Blue

Post by 60dexta »

DEXTAS wrote:my lift seems to be going up but not going down so i thought it was the filter?
There is a discharge valve in the ram body this operates by sliding backwards and forwards on its own with hydraulic pressure on eitherside of it. If that sticks it might not go down. I would need to study the manual to see if that is right but believe that is how it works.

Edit: I have just looked in the manual and I don't thinkt the discharge valve sticking would cause that but a sticking main valve or the linkages moving the main valve might cause it. These links were a mess of filth and rust on our dexta. See in the thread 'Newbie and a few questions' for pictures.

Rob

DEXTAS
True Blue

Post by DEXTAS »

thanks rob

blue32
True Blue

Post by blue32 »

Yes, as you see on the picture it is a screew just over the filter who can unscreew from outsides. Take out this screew, and bend down the pipe. Now you can lift all filter up for check and clean the litle valve sitting underneeth too. I would recomend a new filter from agr.l, (mybee the old filter are moore then 50 year,s ??)
- and to all insides the forum...when the main topcover hydrauliksystem is of and the "filter" is out, you can take your pointfinger and cratsh alitle on the bottom of the sump, and if it is dirt on your finger??? (all that dirt has flow,d through your valve,s and hydroliksystem sometimes...and I think you have to clean the valves insides and under the topcover too.

blue32