Injector leak off pipe

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Nevis
True Blue

Injector leak off pipe

Post by Nevis »

I have installed a bimetallic heater plug and a resevoir to feed it. This system has noticeably improved the starting of my Dexta.
I then connected the resevoir in line with the Injector Leak off pipe return to the fuel tank. However I have discovered that there is no fuel coming out of the leak off pipe even when disconnected from the return pipe.
How much fuel should be coming out of the leak off pipe and does anyone know if this is a problem (I have checked that the leak off pipe is not blocked). I understand that fuel leak off is required to lubricate the injectors.

hooger
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Injector leak off pipe

Post by hooger »

I did the same and found no fuel in my leak off pipe as well,not sure why,but just had the injectors checked after 10 years and there was minimal wear.

Nevis
True Blue

Post by Nevis »

That's very interesting - maybe it's a feature of the Dexta injectors. I fill the resevoir with Diesel before starting during the winter. The heater is not needed in the summer.

sky blue
True Blue

Post by sky blue »

i think that the the tractor will have to be run for a good while with abit of hard work ,
to fill the leak off pipe the first time after you have rigged it up , after this it should stay
topped up if there is no leak on the line , just using it for short peirods may not
get enough diesel into the line, as it is just as it says aleak off pipe :) the resivor
set up is a better way to go i think at least you know there is diesel in there