Fordson Dexta number plate light

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
llanfair
Not Quite Blue Yet

Fordson Dexta number plate light

Post by llanfair »

:( HI, Can anyone out there tell me the correct wiring route for the rear number plate light on my 1979 Dexta.
Regards, Llanfair.

npaisnel
True Blue

Post by npaisnel »

I have some of the original bits left on mine, but not sure How much. I know there should be a piece of bent steel brake pipe that takes the single wire to the rear axle. I'll post some pics when i gt time

llanfair
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by llanfair »

Hi, npaisnel
Thanks for replying to my question (number plate light) i shall look forward to your images.
By the way the tractor seat you have restored is the same as originally fitted to my 1959 dexta.
According to my dexta history book bonnet badges were not fitted until the new style dexta 1960 and lights were fitted in the grills.
My dexta had number plate brackets and light fitted from new.
Regards, LLANFAIR

npaisnel
True Blue

Post by npaisnel »

Interesting about the seat, exactly the same? flat front with no bulge and no Channels in the shape of a diagonal cross?

npaisnel
True Blue

Post by npaisnel »

Well here are the pics. Actually a bit difficult to photograph and see. Looks like the pipe has been crushed and broken by the lift arms that attach to the trailer hitch. It looks like the pipe would have gone all the way along the rear of the axle stopping just short of the wing.
I have highlighted the pipe in red.