ploughing with dexta

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
gordon5a
Not Quite Blue Yet

ploughing with dexta

Post by gordon5a »

anyone get any advice on ploughing with the dexta, have bought a single furrow plough for it but hydraulics do no seem to work in draft mode without pushing lever towards axle, can the plough be used in position mode without a depth wheel

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: ploughing with dexta

Post by Brian »

You need to sort the hydraulics to gain the full benefit of Draft Control.

Ploughing in Position Control can be done but it will be variable in depth as the tractor travels over the land with no weight transfer if you get wheel slip.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

wee blue tractor fan
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by wee blue tractor fan »

I also had been trying some ploughing with my dexta however in draft the the plough was rising up and down in the furrow as if the hydraulics were to sensitive is there anything I can do to improve it I remember reading somewhere about drilling between oilways in top cover anybody have any ideas

60dexta
True Blue

Post by 60dexta »

wee blue tractor fan wrote:I also had been trying some ploughing with my dexta however in draft the the plough was rising up and down in the furrow as if the hydraulics were to sensitive is there anything I can do to improve it I remember reading somewhere about drilling between oilways in top cover anybody have any ideas
I would make sure you do not have any free play on the big spring on the top link. If there is free play the valving would lift and raise without any force being needed on the top link. I would disconnect the spring from the rocker on the back and just check there is no free play or just a small amount of preload.

Rob

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Sensitivity of the lift can also be affected by what plough you are using, where the top link is fitted on the plough, where the top link is fitted on the tractor, how far the main control lever is up the quadrant, where the flow control is set and many other things including the internal settings.

There are thousands of Dextas out there ploughing OK, why should you want to drill holes in the lift? :scratchhead:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian