Thinking of buying a Dexta, Now the proud owner

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Dexydog64
Not Quite Blue Yet

Thinking of buying a Dexta, Now the proud owner

Post by Dexydog64 »

Finally bought the Dexta I had looked at a few weeks ago, Road registered, V5, New rear tyres. Overall condition fair, tin worm been at work around the edges of some of the tin work but all repairable. Still starting on whiff, but no primer pump, so a new primer and heater plug ordered so with a bit of luck and a fair wind I will be able to sort things out next week. Hydraulics work three point lift but aux hydraulics got no opperating knob and pipe has been cut and bent over. Will post some pics when my 14 year old daughter can be bothered (I'm not the best with computers), but looking forward to getting to know the dexta better.

Kiwi Kev
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: Thinking of buying a Dexta, Now the proud owner

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Dexydog64 wrote:Will post some pics when my 14 year old daughter can be bothered
:clap: well done on the Dexta. Hope you have more luck with the Dexta than the daughter :roll:
Kiwi Kev
"Classic Contracting"

66 Ford 5000 6X (semi retirement)
International 784 4WD
& looking at another tractor!

Brian Cox
True Blue

Post by Brian Cox »

keep off the whiff, you can bend a con rod with that stuff, it gives you horrendous compression and can cause all sorts of damage. :eyes:

Dexydog64
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Dexydog64 »

Did some work on the Dexta today. Fitted new primer pump, and sorted wiring problem with heater plug, and finally got it to start without whiff. Result. :D
Was unable to remove fuel tank so struggled a bit with fitting new pump. Steering wheel siezed solid onto splines, tried pullers penetrating oil etc with no luck, any ideas.