Strange Super Dexta.

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Strange Super Dexta.

Post by Brian »

Called in at my friends yard this afternoon to arrange to borrow a plough for the great Petrol Dexta Ploughing Day at Brimfield on September 7th. Things look desperate, the only ones he has are Fergy ones :( I am concerned all Dotty's power will damage them as they are not built for such a tractor :lol:

Charles said to check this one out. It is a Super Dexta that may have been used as a power unit in an industrial machine. He thought it might have been a narrow tractor originally.

Its got a very handy reduction box too!

Charles is going to break it, he needs the engine, so if anyone wants a very slow Dexta or a very narrow one and needs the bits, let me know.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

David M
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by David M »

Hi Brian,

A couple of weeks ago, while you were visiting Scotland, I was visiting Norfolk.
I managed to convince my wife that, since we were in the area, I should have a quick look round the Cambridge machinery sale on the Monday morning.
Guess what caught my eye......
David
-----------------------------------
It's a machine... it will fix!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Isn't it a small world! I have just replied to Grani's post and commented to Ann that we know people all over the world. Then you post a picture of that Dexta. :)

My new workshop area is only a few miles from the Sutton site at Witchford.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

David M
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by David M »

I think I bypassed Witchford on my way to the sale.

I was visiting relations who live near Diss and at Downham Market. Next time I'm down I'll have to call by to check out your Dexta.

On the Sunday they took us to Bressingham Steam Museum. (www.bressingham.co.uk) where they had a special miniature steam day with lots of scaled down steam engines scooting around and trains to ride. Unfortunatly I forgot to take my camera. :cry:
David

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

That place must be fated. I visited there last spring and took a lot of pictures for Oscar. Lost the lot when I downloaded them onto the computor :( Did you look around the gardens and down to Foggy Bottom?
Brian

David in Wales
True Blue

Post by David in Wales »

Brian;
Thats a Howard reduction sandwich box, buy it if the tractor is going to be broekn up, its a very collectable item.
With the narrow width (Stormont conversion for Ford) and the chain spockets, could it have been a conversion to run on narrow guage railway in factory/mine etc. You know they converted N's for that in years gone by.
David

David M
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by David M »

We didn't walk round the gardens but saw them from the trains. My wife is due to give birth in a few weeks so we spared her the walk... something about tiredness and swollen ankles.
What we saw from the train the looked very nice... and big. The man that created it must have been very dedicated, or had a very nagging wife. Many people had brought a picnic and were spread out around the gardens enjoying the sunshine.
David