HELP

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
DEXTAS
True Blue

HELP

Post by DEXTAS »

my lift worked fine up until the lasr week or so it goes up 3/4 of the way and goes down very slowly oils new aswell help needed
cheers
kyle :clap:

sky blue
True Blue

Re: HELP

Post by sky blue »

hi kyle , there may be a faulty piston seal ect inside the hydrulic cover, there should be alot on the
site to cover this , it will take you to put in a search and see what comes up , unless
some of the more up to speed on this could run you through the main reasons for this problem :) .
Good luck sky blue

DEXTAS
True Blue

Post by DEXTAS »

thanks sky blue i will take a look then :beer:

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

What oil does it have in?
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

DEXTAS
True Blue

Post by DEXTAS »

it has universal oil in atm brian

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Just wondered if you had put 90W in it.

Do you mean the lift only goes up 3/4 of the way with the lever at the top of the quadrant, then stops and drops slowly without moving the lever? If so then it is either a sticking control valve or a linkage fault.

Try pulling out the Auxiliary Service Control when the lift is up as far as it will go. If it stops dropping and holds then your problem is control valve, unload valve or linkage.

Try pushing the Draft/Position lever towards the rear when in Draft control and the lift is at the top of its travel. If it goes up when you do this, the Position Control pin needs replacing.

All this assumes the pump is OK. If you do not have a pressure gauge, pull the ASC out. Do you here the Pressure Relief Valve blow off when the lift lever is moved up the quadrant?

These items will give us a few clues but it may also confirm that the top has to come off.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

DEXTAS
True Blue

Post by DEXTAS »

i will try that brian but i mean that the lift only goes up 3/4 wen fuly up and wen i push the lever down it goes down realy slowly