fuel supply to heater plug picture

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
aldo
True Blue

fuel supply to heater plug picture

Post by aldo »

Went ahead and rigged up a fuel line to the new heater plug (see picture). I followed the directions set out by Brian in previous posts on this topic. The heater plug has a built-in valve that opens when it gets hot. Does it look like I set it up correctly?

Last edited by aldo on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

terry274
True Blue

Post by terry274 »

Your setup looks nice! Does it make the "poof" noise when you use it? If it does make a sound when the fuel ignites then it has to be working.
Terry

aldo
True Blue

Post by aldo »

I haven't tried it yet Terry. I started her up for 5 minutes, to get fuel into the new line. Then I thought, well no use testing it out while she's warmed up, time for dinner. Will test it out in the morning, when its cold.

Lesfen
True Blue

Post by Lesfen »

Hi,
Looks good!
Have a Super Dexta that needs the same.
Where did you source the new heater from?
Thanks,
Les

aldo
True Blue

Post by aldo »

Hi Les.
I got it from a local Ford- New Holland dealer (Aus$26.00). They source all their parts from Bare-Co. Here's their web page for the heater plug (part number B132)
http://www.bareco.com.au/files/ford2001/frd50.htm

Funny thing is, I saw that picture of the heater plug (part no. B132 = C5NE9A436A 1806046) many times before, but it didn't look the same, and I was always told it would not fit. If you look in the table at the bottom of the web page, it also says heater plug not available for Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta, Fordson Major Power Major, Super Major. We ended up just ordering the part in, to see if I can make it fit. When I got it, it was identical to my broken one, and the new one even had stamped on the side " suitable for all earlier Perkins engines". Months of searching, and it was there staring me in the face all the time!

PS.
If its any help Les, Just saw this page for "Ordering parts in the USA"
http://www.bareco.com.au/files/orderformus.htm

Lesfen
True Blue

Post by Lesfen »

Thanks Aldo,

I'll check it out.

Les