fordson dexta Qualitrol settings

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Trevorthetractor
Not Quite Blue Yet

fordson dexta Qualitrol settings

Post by Trevorthetractor »

can anyone please tell me how to set up the dexta Qualitrol settings? i have repaired the worn pin and replaced the o rings. before i refit the top cover i need to check the setting so the draft control quadrant leaver functions correctly. where do i start and picture would be a great help.

many thanks. TtT

sky blue
True Blue

Re: fordson dexta Qualitrol settings

Post by sky blue »

if you scroll down a couple of posts o fordson dexta de , go down to post near bottom
i thinks its under marcus there is a link to stefens site ,if you hunt through his site you will
get pictures ect to setting of hydrulics also on the wilki youll get how to set hyds :D
sky blue

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Try here

http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/wiki/ ... tting.html

"fordsontractorpages" and "dotty" are the codes.

Scroll down to "Hydraulics Setting"

Trevorthetractor
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Trevorthetractor »

Thanks Brian, there seem to be two lots of adjustments & I am not sure which position the small leaver should be in? I don’t have a manual and it’s a long time since i had a drive on a Dexta!!!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

There is a free operators hand book on the main Home page at fordsontractorpages.nl.

Little lever pointing forwards ..... Position Control ..... Used for hitching up implements and implements like sprayers which need to be a fixed height above the ground. Starting at the bottom of the quadrant, arms should lift in increments depending on the position of the main quadrant lever. Adjustment is on the bolt that pushes on the control valve/lever linkage.

Little lever pointing down to footplate ..... Draft/Qualitrol control ..... Used for soil engaging implements like ploughs and cultivators also for anything used on the Aux Service tapping. Adjustment is the turnbuckle to the control valve.

Main quadrant lever will not lift the arms until 13mm from the top of the quadrant, lift arms will then come straight up, there is no neutral position, the "knock off" pin in the internal linkage controls this.

When you lower the implement into the ground the position of the quadrant lever will set the draft load and use the pressure on the top link to control it. The further down the quadrant you put the lever the higher the draft load before the lift corrects and trys to reduce it.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian