New Dynamo

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Dexta Guy
Not Quite Blue Yet

New Dynamo

Post by Dexta Guy »

Hi, I cant get my new dynamo to charge. Could someone tell me how to polarize it in laymans terms please? I've read the other threads on this but I still dont know if the battery needs to be conected or engine needs to be running etc.... Cheers!
Guy
1960 Fordson Dexta, 1953 Ferguson TEF 20.

blue32
True Blue

Re: New Dynamo

Post by blue32 »

POLARIZ your dynamo;
Hi "Guy" -Your dynamo need to sit on the tractor, -The wires need to be pic,d off it. (ceep those wires avay from some shockflash...) -Hold the battery mounted on the tractor with groundstrap on it. - Take a "wire-bit" about two meter and so, and hold one end of it onto hot-terminal (on battery) and the other end of the same wire on to F screew at dynamo for some 5 second... Now your dynamo is polarized at your batterymount. connect your wiring loom again.
DYNAMO or REGULATOR ok???
Try to start and see for charge...if not? mybe you need to check your regulator, (change for another)...
Mybee some damages is doone to your new dynamo?? controll it by take of your wiring,s again (D+ and F) Also take off the fanbelt, -Put a wire from F onto eart (tractorground), and finally take the wire-bit you just needed for your first polariz... again and hold it onto hot terminal at battery, and other end onto D+ on dynamo. If your dynamo start and run like a electric motor...then your dynamo is ok. :wink: