Another CHEAP Dexta

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
WayneB
True Blue

Another CHEAP Dexta

Post by WayneB »

Couldn't pass it up. Super Dexta, with tires that hold air, all parts there for $800. One hour from where I live. This is my third Dexta. Turns over. Guy couldn't get it to start. Fuel line is missing. I didn't have the heart to tell him... :?
May be a piece of Junk, may run. Pick it up Friday.
I think I have the fever. :roll:

Wayne

Kiwi Kev
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Good on you Wayne.
You've solved a problem for him(bloody tractor wont go) and you've got a cheap tractor for yourself.
Three Dextas, Yep, your hooked.
Kiwi Kev

Tmac
True Blue

Re: Another CHEAP Dexta

Post by Tmac »

I sure hope it dont need a starter ;((

WayneB wrote:Couldn't pass it up. Super Dexta, with tires that hold air, all parts there for $800. One hour from where I live. This is my third Dexta. Turns over. Guy couldn't get it to start. Fuel line is missing. I didn't have the heart to tell him... :?
May be a piece of Junk, may run. Pick it up Friday.
I think I have the fever. :roll:

Wayne

WayneB
True Blue

Starter

Post by WayneB »

TMAC
It has the seleniod key start model starter. :lol: Wouldn't you know it, it too has no fan shroud. :roll:
WAYNE

WayneB
True Blue

Home

Post by WayneB »

Hauled it home. Fella loaded it with a large front wheel loader. Engine is loose, sitting long enough till steering very stiff, however tie-rods are not at all worn. Need lots of lube & service. Lots. Honeysuckle vines all over engine and radiator area. Tin all there. Live PTO, diff lock. Fuel lines were in the tool box. Tires hold air. Brake and clutch free. Nice super dexta emblem and solid H/Ls.
With this one, I am reminded of the old show "the six million dollar man - we can rebuild him, faster, stronger... This is the first Dexta I have seen lately with the panel under the hood at Left rear below primer bulb. Has two foot rest, and usual stuff, As usual, the shifter is worn and it locks up. Now that would suprise you would it.
I have it running when I make some time for it, no hurry. Another Super Dexta. Of all my tractors, my other Super Dexta has become my favorite, strong, agile and efficient and dependable. I'd love a fleet of them for the farm. Fella can't have too many tractors. Sometimes find myself with all tractors at a worksite, one pulling trees, one with a loader, one with a trailer of wood, one with a rotary cutter, and needing still needing another (toy) with a blade or some implement that takes too much time to attach. Ah, toys. :roll:
Wayne
Tractor poor, 59 Dexta, 61 & (3) 62 SuperDexta-s, 68 4000 Ford 4x4, 81 Ford 1100 4x4, 55-HD5G AC Crawler Loader, 1951 CAT D6 9U, 1967 160B Dynahoe backhoe and now a toy JD 850 4x4 loader compact.

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: Another CHEAP Dexta

Post by Oscar »

WayneB wrote:Guy couldn't get it to start. Fuel line is missing. I didn't have the heart to tell him...

:rofl: Now that had me laughing my you-know-what off! Good way to start a Saturday morning! Thanx!
WayneB wrote:Fella can't have too many tractors.
That's not up to the fella - it's up to the missus :D. There's a bunch of guitars in my house, and still I'm tempted to bring in new ones. If not for the missus, the house would look like a guitar shop ;).

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Can't you convince Wilma that a "Fender" goes around the fireplace to stop the children getting at the fire and you can't have too many safety measures! :P

Your just not trying Oscar.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian