Some pictures of my Dexta

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
aldo
True Blue

Some pictures of my Dexta

Post by aldo »

I've been meaning to post some pictures of my Dexta for a long time, just never got around to it. So here they are finally. Yes, its far from original, but a very good reliable work horse.
The engine number is 957 47771
gearbox 957E 7005, T3 4B18
Differential 957E 4024
rear axle H20F N30C.
What does those numbers tell you, I could never figure it out.

I can't help referring to it as 'she' and 'her', but really I think it looks more like a boy, we call him "old blue". What do you think?

Image Image
Image Image

Laney
Not Quite Blue Yet

Looks a beauty

Post by Laney »

Hi Aldo

Looks like an honest worker - very envious of the front end loader set up - you must find that extremely handy. I must admit I have always thought of my petrol dexta as a he - especially as the missu gave it the imaginative name of dexter

Cheers

Laney
Cheers

Laney

Lesfen
True Blue

Post by Lesfen »

Hi,

From what I have read, mostly on this site, here are a few possiblities:

The engine number is 957 47771
Is this number running vertically on the left side of the clutch housing flange where it joins the engine?
If so it would be the serial number, might have an E after the 957 and would be assembled in about January 1960.
(There would also be an engine serial number stamped on the upper left side of the block on a machined flat space)

gearbox 957E 7005, T3 4B18
The 957E 7005 T3 is a casting and/or part # common to most or maybe all Dexta gearboxes.
4B18 would be a casting date code for Feb. 18/64

Differential 957E 4024
I have not seen a number similar to 4024 on our differential but I'll have another look and.... if the 0 in 4024 could be a D it might give Apr. 24/64 as a date it was cast?

rear axle H20F N30C.
H20F = (June 20 1961) N30C = (Nov. 30/59)

There are more numbers and date codes on the clutch housing (right side) and hydraulic lift cover.

Cheers,
Les

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I would go with Les. But she (and it is ALWAYS she) looks a bit of an ASP (all spare parts). The serial number would have been put on when she was assembled in about March 1960 so all the bits with codes after this date would have been fitted later especially a 1964 gearbox housing.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian