Tractor DVLA Registation

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Bensdexta
True Blue

Tractor DVLA Registation

Post by Bensdexta »

Time to get her road registered again after 30 some years. :)

DVLA Bangor say they have no records of her (I have buff log book) and must go through a tractor club.

Can folk recommend a suitable contact to do the paper work for an age related reg - hopefully the original reg?

TIA
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

conar22
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Tractor DVLA Registation

Post by conar22 »

Hi there,
I was undergoing this process for my dexta a wee while back.
Because i'm based in scotland I went through S.V.T.E.C......Scottish Vintage Tractor and Engine Club,I had to send a few photographs of my dexta,including a few close-up shots of the serial number. This was then sent to the club secretary-a very nice guy called Alexander Mcnicoll,who confirmed my tractor was a 1958 fordson dexta.
I then had to send this conformation note to the dvla,along with a completed v55/5 form,an insurance certificate,a photo of the tractor,proof of my name and address and a £55 registration fee.
All in all a bit of a faff about :roll:
I have a list of all the vehicle owners clubs in the U.K. that I recieved from the DVLA a while ago.
If you want to tell me your location i could find a local (ish) club who could do this for you if you wish?
Hope this helps anyway :D

conar22
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by conar22 »

I see from your profile you are based in north wales.....
perhaps Carmarthen Vintage Society-01267 275585 and the associated names for that club are Alun H Evans and John D G Hancock.
Another club I can see that is base in wales is The Griffin Trust-01513 274701 and associated names are David A Becket and Christine Thomas. I'm not sure if these are vintage tractor clubs but they are in the list of vehicle owners clubs produced by DVLA so they should hopefully manage to sort you out :wink:

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Hi Conar,
Did anyone come to look at your tractor? If not maybe it's not so important to use a local club. Nonetheless I'll contact my local NVTC to see if they have anyone.
Thanks for your help.

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by Tubal Cain »

Ben,

I had excellent service from Grace Poppewell tel. 01673 844990 after 6pm. I found her to be very helpful and extremely efficient.

I have just checked the Blue Force site and Grace is listed as their Registration Officer.

Gerald

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Tubal Cain wrote:I had excellent service from Grace Popplewell tel. 01673 844990 after 6pm. I found her to be very helpful and extremely efficient.
I have just checked the Blue Force site and Grace is listed as their Registration Officer.
Yes I gather she's rather more efficient than some ... :wink:

Many thanks for the info
Last edited by Bensdexta on Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pbufton
True Blue

Post by pbufton »

I commenced registering my dexta just before christmas, did so by contacting Anthony Patten at Ford and Fordson association (http://www.fordandfordson.co.uk)

Seemed happy to help, and ive got the required letters and forms from him ready to send to the dvla (was too afraid to send before the xmas post shutdown in case things got lost :scratchhead: )

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Spoke to Grace Popplewell (Blue Force), who says first I need to get tractor insured for 1 yr, then paint /stick reg no (I have bluff logbook) on tractor front & rear, photo front, rear & sides, photo eng & chassis nos. Then I need certified photocopy of log book /actual log book, utility bill & driving licence or birth cert of the owner.

What a palaver...!!
Last edited by Bensdexta on Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nevis
True Blue

Post by Nevis »

I wrote to New Holland in the UK (who have records of Fordson tractors) with Photos and the Engine and Chassis numbers. I received a letter within a week confirming the age of my Dexta on headed notepaper.
This was all the evidence I needed for the DVLA to obtain an age related plate.
This was in 2008 but may still be a possible alternative.

Andy