Hydraulic yoke and fork wear

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Hydraulic yoke and fork wear

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi, please can someone tell me whether there should be any movement between the yoke and fork of the hydraulic lift set up. Mine are worn but not too bad, what remedy can we apply to fix the movement. Are heli coil inserts an option :?:

Kind regards
Mervyn

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Not quite sure where you mean Mervyn.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi Brian

I'm refering to the shaft from the leveling box that turns into the fork that lifts the right lower link aswell as the shaft and fork assembly that lifts the left lower link. When they are turned into each and I pull on them there is a slight bit of play. I personally don't think it is right but what can I possibly do to remedy the problem? I don't want to buy new assemblies as they don't look anything like the originals. I hope I have painted a better picture for you this time. I will try and take some pics of the assembly tomorrow and email them to you.

Kind regards
Mervyn

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Mervyn,
I know exactly what you mean now. That is the leveling box and lift rod. Careful when you take it off and put it back as there are two different length slots where it fits to the lift arm.

On our old tractors there will always be some play in here. The threads are possibly a little worn and they may be stretched. I agree about the new parts and the cost and I would be tempted to leave it as long as it is not excessive.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Thanks Brian for confirming my concern. I will not really be doing much heavy work with my ol girl when I eventually finish the restoration, probably another year. Brian you have lost me when you talk about the two different length slots :? Please don't feel obliged to answer this post while you are over in Meddo, next week is fine when you are back home. Hope you guys and dolls are having fun :D Look forward to those pictures of the Meddo show 8)

Kind regards
Mervyn