lift arms

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
sky blue
True Blue

lift arms

Post by sky blue »

hi could anyone tell if the lift ams off the later 00 ford dexta will fit a fordson dexta
57 to 64 skyblue

PghBill
True Blue

Re: lift arms

Post by PghBill »

Do you mean a Ford 2000?

sky blue
True Blue

Post by sky blue »

yes is there a differance

PghBill
True Blue

Post by PghBill »

The Ford Diesel 2000 was the name given to the Dextas sold in the U.S. until 1964. The Ford 2000 followed, but was a totally different tractor. New Holland lists the lift arms for both tractors as two completely different part numbers. One would think if the lift arms were the same and fit both tractors they would have the same part number. If you could get the dimensions of both they might still be interchangeable. Somewhere in my web surfing adventures I seem to recall a site that had the dimensions on the parts. If I can find it I'll send you the info

PghBill
True Blue

Post by PghBill »

Just found this on Yesterdays Tractor site. If It's true or not. I don't know. :roll:

I need to replace the lift arms on my SD. I've heard that NAA ones will work. What other tractor lift arms will work on my SD? How much should I expect to pay for a set of used ones? Thanks, Lynn

[Reply] [No Email]
Burrhead

02-06-2002 08:31:39
Yes the NAA will fit.
Any of the Ford or Massey arms you find with the following measurements will work.
The original arms are 31.5" center of front pivot to center of back pivot ball.
The rock shaft arms and sway chain hole is 15.5" on center from the front pivot. You can give or take 1" on any mount measurement and it will still be okay.
I bought my last set from a Massey dealer and they were $35 each for new arms. The MF parts man said they were the same as a MF 35.
I put a set on a neighbor's Dexta this past week that came from Tractor Supply. The TSC part number showed the arms to be for a 801, but the measurements were perfect for the Dexta.

sky blue
True Blue

Post by sky blue »

i think i have made a mistake calling them lift arms it is the little hydrulic arms
that connect to the lift shaft under the seat i need info on, :oops:
sorry about the confusion , sky blue

Jstaley
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Jstaley »

sky blue wrote:i think i have made a mistake calling them lift arms it is the little hydrulic arms
that connect to the lift shaft under the seat i need info on, :oops:
sorry about the confusion , sky blue
No, if you are on about the cast main lift arms then they are not interchangable. The force series have more splines and are cranked and will not fit onto dextas. Dextas are stright and have less splines. Also ford ones have a casting code along the top of the arm

sky blue
True Blue

Post by sky blue »

Thats what i needed to know , was offerered a set wasnt sure if they were off a fordson dexta
or the newer ford dexta, nor did the owner i had an idea that they were different, Thank you jstaley
regards sky blue

Lesfen
True Blue

Post by Lesfen »

PghBill wrote:The Ford Diesel 2000 was the name given to the Dextas sold in the U.S. until 1964.
Believe it might have been the Super Dexta rather than the Dexta that got the Ford 2000 designation in the U.S.?

Les

PghBill
True Blue

Post by PghBill »

Les,
You are correct. From 1961-64.
Just got too lazy to type the Super. Being as the lift arms are the same on both the Dexta and Super Dexta, figured it didn't matter much. :D

Lesfen
True Blue

Post by Lesfen »

PghBill wrote:Les,
You are correct. From 1961-64.
Just got too lazy to type the Super. Being as the lift arms are the same on both the Dexta and Super Dexta, figured it didn't matter much. :D
Hey, no problem, but... now you've got my curiosity going.

Does anyone know:

Was the Dexta still offered for sale in the US after the Super Dexta came out?

Were there any blue and orange Super Dexta's ever imported into the US?
(There were orange and blue Super Dextas into Canada but then later also blue and off/white Ford 2000 Super Dextas..... but not sure when the paint changed but looks to be earlier than when the New Performance Super Dexta came out in June/63?)

And a 1961 Super Dexta?...I have seen mention of 2 US owners stating they had 1961 Super Dextas....but most literature says introduction was April/62?
Anyone know of one that we might get the casting codes off?
Thanks.
Les

PghBill
True Blue

Post by PghBill »

Les,
I have Blue/Orange May 1962 Super Dexta. Mine had the atomizer that matched the export model listed in the New Holland Parts catalogue. I believe the Dexta was continued in 1961 and replaced with the Super. BUT I ight be wrong! :lol:

Lesfen
True Blue

Post by Lesfen »

[quote="PghBill"]Les,
I have Blue/Orange May 1962 Super Dexta.

Hey Bill, Thanks,
That answers that question!
One more though,
Does yours have the Ford 2000 sticker on the sides of the hood or does it have the Fordson lettering badges/ornaments on the sides of the hood?

And trolling the Internet I have only seen one Minimec governed Dextas in the US and not any in Canada! (As in, after April/62)
The petrol/gas Dextas were still coming over though.
So maybe most diesel Dextas stayed nearer home after the Super Dexta arrived!

Les

ol'Blue
True Blue

Post by ol'Blue »

My original Owners manual for my 64 super dexta covers both models "dexta" and "new super dexta" so maybe they were offered both.... It had the sticker on the hood and no lettering. Grey and blue color scheme. There is a tractor salvage yard neer Columbus Ohio that has a few of both the dextas and supers.... They would have the lift arms and probably at a pretty good price. shipping would be ugly....

dave
1964 Super Dexta, ol'Blue

PghBill
True Blue

Post by PghBill »

Les & Dave,
Mine has the Super Dexta badges with an orange background.
Lots of conflicting history out there.
http://www.ssbtractor.com/features/Ford_tractors.html Claims the Dexta was discontinued in 1961 and replaced with the Super Dexta.
But, http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/serial.htm Fordson Pages shows Dexta serial numbers all the way from 57 to 64.
I'm going with the Fordson Pages. Lots of knowledgeable people on here and the numbers don't lie. So I guess both were offered in the US at the same time.
I think we're hijacking this thread. Maybe we should start a new one :oops:
Bill