Anyone Have A Dexta later than 1961 In The U.S.?

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
PghBill
True Blue

Anyone Have A Dexta later than 1961 In The U.S.?

Post by PghBill »

Trying to figure out if the Dexta was offered in the U.S. after 1961. Know the Super Dexta and Ford Diesel 2000 were. But wondering if the Dexta was also.

Lesfen
True Blue

Re: Anyone Have A Dexta later than 1961 In The U.S.?

Post by Lesfen »

Hi Bill,

Good idea to start a new thread.

I checked some of the old Ford U.S. brochures and ads but don't see both the diesel Dexta and Super Dexta (Ford 2000 Super Dexta) offered at the same time.

There is an ad with both the Ford 2000 Super Dexta and Ford 2000 (Looks like a new designation for the earlier Workmaster tractor)!

Have a ~1962 Canadian Ford booklet with a Dexta advertised and centre pages introducing the Super Dexta but nothing after that for the diesel Dexta.
The petrol/gas Dexta was still available in 1963/1964 Canadian ads.

Starting to make sense why a lot of U.S. info has the Dexta discontinued after the Super Dexta came out.
The Dexta may not have been available to the U.S.market anymore. Lots in Europe though.

Les

PghBill
True Blue

Post by PghBill »

LES,
Seems like the Dexta being discontinued in the US after the Super Dexta came out might be a possibility. Maybe someone will come forward with some more info. Mean time I'll just keep searching.

Bill

Cvans
True Blue

Post by Cvans »

I'm pretty sure mine is a 61 but I don't know if it was sold as a 61 or 62. :scratchhead:
Chris