Dash Light Bulbs

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
marcusgs
True Blue

Dash Light Bulbs

Post by marcusgs »

Hi,

Does anyone know the type of bulbs that go into the dash lights (charge and oil pressure) on a Dexta please?

Regards,
Mark

Cvans
True Blue

Re: Dash Light Bulbs

Post by Cvans »

Unless you want to keep it original I went to Radio Shack and picked up a red and green indicator light assembly similar to this http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... absetBasic
that fit the hole and replaced the originals. Looks good and probably won't have to change a bulb again. :D
Chris

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: Dash Light Bulbs

Post by Bensdexta »

Original style metal insulated dash light bulb holders, & bulbs, are available from Autosparks, Nottingham. These have screw in bulbs. They don't seem to be shown on their website, so you may need to email them.

However, in my (and others) experience these bulb holders are poorly made, with a badly formed pressed thread that does'nt hold the bulb very well. I complained twice and each time Autosparks sent me another pair of holders, but they were all equally poor. Read down thru here:

http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... ulb#p30116

I got a mail from the managing director apologising about their poor quality, but there was nothing they could do as there is only one manufacturer. He did suggest using plastic push-in bulbs/holders (see website) that fit the OEM lens covers and I have a pair of these.

However, to aviod changing the bulb holders to the plastic ones, in the end I jammed in the OEM style screw-in bulbs using a v small piece of thin cloth - they work fine!

So choice is yours - doing it again I'd go with the plastic push-ins. Functionality wins over originality! :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!